Why can't people just ignore and move on? ['tramp' breast feeding mother]

Soldato
A mother from Staffordshire has launched a breastfeeding protest after being called a "tramp" on Facebook for feeding her baby in public.

Emily Slough started her campaign after finding a photograph of herself feeding her daughter had been posted online.

Her campaign has now attracted 8,000 "likes" on Facebook and more than 1,000 people are expected to attend a mass breastfeeding event she has organised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-26519660

Of course the person who called her a 'tramp' on Facebook is a numbskull, but it seems they've got exactly what they wanted in this case. A massive reaction!

As someone who suffered the odd bit of bullying as a child, I learned very quickly that the "sticks and stones" method of dealing with it actually works. I learnt from a young age that when someone abuses someone else, the first thing they want is a reaction.

When I stopped crying about it and started acting as if the name calling was water off a duck's back, the bullies almost always got bored and moved on to picking on someone else. This now seems like psychology 101 to me.

Yet, with the almost weekly stories of people complaining about being bullied on Facebook/Twitter by acting like someone just killed their entire family and appearing sobbing on ITV daytime talk shows it seems I'm in the minority that realise that the bigger the reaction you give them, the more they will do it.

Emily Slough should have just shrugged her shoulders, been happy in the knowledge she is a much better person that the idiot who posted it and moved on with her life. However she's chosen to give the troll his (or her) 5 minutes of fame, making them appear much more influential than they really are.

Last edited:
If in doubt, Booble it.

booble_logo_zps1dcce5e5.png

Back
Top Bottom