Poll: Poll: Do you play the National Lottery?

Do you play the National Lottery?

• Yes - The National Lottery

Votes: 58 13.5%
  • Yes - Euro Millions

Votes: 57 13.3%
  • Yes - Both of the above

Votes: 71 16.6%
  • No - I don't play any

Votes: 228 53.1%
  • Other - I play another lottery Like the Pancake Lottery

Votes: 15 3.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
occasionally, when there are triple rollovers... (my excuse is that though the distribution is very very skewed it can represent a +EV proposition in those instances or at least an only slightly -EV one (in theory))

Last edited:
Soldato
No, I used to every Weds and Saturday back when it was just 1 draw on a Weds and Saturday. Had 4 numbers about 3 times and I think a tenner once keeping the same numbers.

I used to work in a newsagents and a guy came in and asked for 70 lucky dips, must've been a syndicate but I don't think they won much! :/

Soldato
We need a new operator with better and more payouts, only five more years of Camelot hopefully, two lucky stars and a normal number on euro lotto is a joke couple of quid :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
Rarely.

Usually i play games and i get so super lucky that everyone on teamspeak is laughing/screaming, with one guy always saying play the lottery.

Like CS:GO, throw a rubbish nade at guy infront, the nade bouches back behind me, i shoot guy in front, and the nade blows up behind me killing the other enemy..

Or in ESL world of tanks tournament when i was 2vs1 and ammo racked both of them, without both ammo racks winning was impossible..

So now its a tradition or so..

Soldato
I used to play the lottery online until they made it so the minimum amount you can transfer from your bank is £10. I know i'd end up spending that after 10 weeks anyway, but still can't bring myself to transfer it :o.

Associate
I got a lucky dip on my 16th and then did both days for prob 6 years only won £10 maybe 2-3 times and then binned it off... i did not even think it was still a big deal compared to what it was 15-20 years ago.

Soldato
Maybe twice a year so doesn't really fit the poll.
You needed an occasional player in the options. As I bet there's loads who only play once in a blue moon.

I do that. I normally play if there's a huge rollover and only because someone tells me about it and then only if I make it to the newsagents. Chances of all 3 aligning are slim.

I used to play more often but realised quite quickly that it's like taking out an insurance policy costing £25 per month to cover being struck by lightening.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Only play when there's a MAHOOSIVE rollover.

Otherwise, I've no interest.

Caporegime
Used to buy a ticket when it was a pound, online. Lob a tenner in for 5 weeks both draws. Haven't done a single draw since it went to £2.

There was no need for it to go to £2. Either give less to charity if expenses go up or pay out less for the max.

Soldato
Syndicate at work for the Euromillions, though we only play when it gets over £70-£80 million. If it goes over £100 mill and I am in a shop with a few quid change in my pocket I play a line or two.

Commissario
Yes, I do a random lucky dip on the weekly draws. It goes out of my bank in one hit each month and I don't even notice it. Every now and then I get three numbers and a little money goes back in.

I don't miss the money going out and there's a very very minuscule chance that I'll get some money back one day that will make it worth while.

Back
Top Bottom