C63 AMG

Soldato
Even if they are 'only' £40k now, it still surprises me that there are so many about as of late. At a time where everyone seems to be jumping on the GET ALL THE MPGZZZ bandwagon, a 6.3L V8 doesn't seem like it'd be a popular choice!

I just thought they'd be rarer - not that I'm complaining mind, it helps the second hand market!

Caporegime
There are quite a few around this area.

I saw a woman driving one the other day and as she parked it before she got out she gave the accelerator peddle a blip which made a wonderful noise and even a couple of pops.

She was pretty tasty herself too.

Soldato
An AMG needs a good soundtrack and that 6.2 makes one hell of a noise. :cool:

Hopefully MB don't do what BMW have with their replacement for their 4.0 V8, giving us something with no flair or character.

OcUK Staff
Even if they are 'only' £40k now, it still surprises me that there are so many about as of late. At a time where everyone seems to be jumping on the GET ALL THE MPGZZZ bandwagon, a 6.3L V8 doesn't seem like it'd be a popular choice!

I just thought they'd be rarer - not that I'm complaining mind, it helps the second hand market!

Because hey appeal to a niche market, being one of the very last and still available modern super saloons that use an almighty V8 powerplant. All the newer stuff is turbo powered, sounds dull in comparison.

One of our suppliers who is an EVO nut, changed his EVO X to one of these and he loves it, says for its size its quite the drivers car and a lot of fun. His only complaint is its pretty useless in poorer weather, whereas the EVO X was superb all year round car.

Soldato
If I won the lottery I think I'd have one as my daily driver, nice saloon 507 edition. Fantastic noise, the sort of engine were unlikely to see in future cars.

Associate
They are fantastic pieces of kit.

Seems like they are definitely giving the M3 a run for their money. IMO I would much rather have a C63. The noise is just addictive and I think it now has more presence than the M3 as well.

Back
Top Bottom