video encoder for small video file size?

Permabanned
Capturing game footage and rendering it. About 30min of footage is 2gb in mp4 format. I need to get this down as my upload speed is awful.

I have 1.5 hour mkv files at 720p which are like 700mb. Can anyone recommend how to get it down to a file size similar to this. I believe in Sony Vegas Vegas you can't render in mkv.

Permabanned
OP
Just to add.... I've tried lowering the bit rate (which is normally around 14 xxxxx or whatever. My quality degrades way to much.

These HD movies I have on my computer are amazing quality relative to the length and file size. How do I get to this.

Soldato
Use Handbrake to convert it to an MP4?

What did you use to capture? I've tried a few of them and the least well known one I found seems to produce the smallest files whilst keeping a reasonable (not the best though) quality is Mirillis Action!

I messed about with a few of them though here

Permabanned
OP
Use Handbrake to convert it to an MP4?

What did you use to capture? I've tried a few of them and the least well known one I found seems to produce the smallest files whilst keeping a reasonable (not the best though) quality is Mirillis Action!

I messed about with a few of them though here

I capture through an elgato capture device. I edit and covert with Sony vegas which takes the captured footage to 2gb in mp4 with around 14xxxx bitrate... 1080 p for 30mim

Soldato
You'll probably have to change the bitrate to get the file size down then, 8000kbps is around standard for 1080P, 5000kbps for 720P for uploading.

Associate
Theres not realy anyway to make the videos smaller without sacrificing image quality try handbrake set it to I think 15ish in video options for hd and go down from there till u find something u like in terms of quality and size

Back
Top Bottom