URGENT

Associate
Right, ok, I'm really stressing out at the moment, as my Pc will not boot into Windows 8.1. I get the error message -
'Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key'
System spec -
Asrock Extreme 6/ac Mobo
Intel core I5-4670K Standard
MSI R9 280x standard
Corsair vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 1600mhz
Samsung SSD 250GB
No disk drive
I built the PC my self, I'm not sure what else you'd need; state what other information you would like, thanks for everything, truly.

Long time Overclockers member, however I forgot my other accounts password (Whoops!)

RJC

RJC

Don
Check your boot sequence in the BIOS and also check you don't have any usb stick installed.

(Daft question I assume windows was / is installed :p)

RJC

RJC

Don
Sometimes hammering the delete key helps or see of you try a different keyboard or USB port.

(Also try a CMOS reset)

Associate
According to the pdf manual. If you have the Asrock Z87 Extreme6ac

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87 Extreme6ac/?cat=Manual
ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/Z87 Extreme6ac.pdf

Fast Boot
Fast Boot minimizes your computer's boot time. In fast mode you may not boot
from an USB storage device. Ultra Fast mode is only supported by Windows 8.

Please notice that Ultra Fast mode will boot so fast that the only way to enter this UEFI Setup Utility is to Clear CMOS or run the Restart to UEFI utility in Windows.

Once you have done a CMOS reset, start pc and press F2 OR delete to enter the UEFI Setup Utility. (the new improved and flashier BIOS.) :)

(BIOS now replaced by UEFI on new machines.) Windows 8 uses UEFI but does support the legacy BIOS interface for older machines.

Associate
OP
Thanks I will take all this into consideration :). After doing more research I've come to the conclusion I have corrupt windows files. I think I know how to go about repairing this but if it doesn't work, Microsoft will replace it and any damaged components.

Associate
OP
Yeah I built it myself. I'll make them give me something at least, they're one of the largest tech companies, they won't flat out reject me; the PC is 7 months old.

Associate
They will not give you anything
Microsoft
To distribute OEM or System Builder software, you must be a System Builder and accept the System Builder License licence that is affixed to the side of all OEM or System Builder packs.“System Builder” means an original equipment manufacturer, an assembler, a refurbisher, or a software pre-installer that sells the Customer System(s) to a third party. OEM software may only be distributed with a fully assembled computer system. The System Builder that installs the software is responsible for the provision of end-user support for the Software under terms at least as favourable to the end user as the terms provided to support any fully assembled computer system. At a minimum, the system builder will provide commercially reasonable telephone support. The full documentation on the Microsoft OEM System Builder licence is at: http://oem.microsoft.com/public/sblicense/sb_licenses/oem_system_builder_license_english.pdf

Soldato
It seems fairly obvious that either a: your storage device is knackered (you can test this by seeing if it appears in the BIOS), or b: your windows install is knackered (you should be able to restore from a backup, which you should have made). Either of these can be dealt with by either a: RMAing the storage device at fault, or b: restoring your backup or repairing windows.

Job done.

Associate
OP
The SSD is registered and shows the correct size. I was going to try a cmos reset to get back to the bios as I can't enter it at the moment. I'm 90% sure it's the OS now. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom