Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Associate
More guys needed on Capture the Flag on this! I love the game, but CTF is the only mode I really play and I tend to be put in a lobby with one enemy and that's it, the match starts with 1v1...

Soldato
Has this changed much since release date? Bought it on release and found it didn't work too well on my hardware. Has it been optimised or had any content changed with regard to the annoying AI? Or basically still exactly the same?

Associate
There is a new mode called "pilot skirmish" that could be interesting. Update Six. I like titans, however it often turns into a **** storm when everyone has them. It makes the end game of the losing team escape pointless, as you always get six titans hammering the crap out of the drop ship which is almost always destroyed.

Associate
has any one tried the new 8v8 yet? i haven't touched the game since the first 2 weeks of release too much mech and AI got boring trying to actually find human players!

Associate
I think it would have been nice if they made the AI bots actual robots, something like the battle droids from star wars.
It would have made it easy to tell them apart from normal players and would have fit with their 'dumb' AI. I think it would have fit well the the games' theme and atmosphere too.

I've only actually played the beta, but might make use of the 48hr Game Time thing.

8v8 with no bots sounds good.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Game Update 6:

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-six

NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.

Added Modes for Colorblind Titan Pilots - Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.

Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.

Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It’s the Fabergé Egg of burn cards if you will.

Burn Card Auto Fill - Toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card Menu and it will automatically fill empty Burn Card slots for you. Never fight empty-handed again.

Late to the Game - Joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we’ll count it as one. We’ve also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.

IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS

FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.

Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.

The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.

New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.

New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams’ scores is increasing or decreasing.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.

Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.

To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.

As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.

BUG FIXES (All Platforms)

For the Black Market we slightly reduced the chance to get rare cards in the Standard Pack, and increased the number of rare cards in the Premium Pack from 4 to 5.

The Auto-Titan vortex effect should no longer orient incorrectly.

Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback, and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a Pilot doing a friendly rodeo.

The map Export no longer contains areas where you can shoot through covered windows.

Grenades should now be better at predicting their movement at high frame rates.

Fixed a rare crash bug on Demeter in Campaign mode.

BUG FIXES (PC)

Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.

Last edited:
Caporegime
well all those that miss a reasonable cod should love it with this added.

reg is amazing maps are well designed and fun.

learn to wall run properly and the routes :D and you'll quickly see how much effort was put into the game.

Caporegime
This game takes up so much space on my SSD. :( I'd imagine with the last map pack and this update it will be approaching 60Gb. I can't work out where all the space has gone either. Apparently the game has uncompressed audio AND installed all the language audio tracks by default? Even Bf3 or 4 with all the expansions doesn't take up as much space.

Caporegime
Might have a quick go later, interested in the Pilot Skirmish, not really interested in Marked For Death because I'm rubbish and panic when it's me that's marked. :p

Back
Top Bottom