Removing childs sun cream hand prints from bodywork

Associate
Hi all

This is driving me mad!!! My 4yr old has covered various panels on my car with sun cream hand prints.

I have tried various autoglym products, white spirit, meths even brake cleaner and still no good! Please,please, please does anyone have a clue how to get these unsightly marks off?

Soldato
It'll come out but you'll need the right kit - if you don't have or know someone with a da/rotary and assuming a clay bar doesn't lift it then its worth paying for someone to do it for you.

Permabanned
Depends on what chemicals were in the stuff I suppose and what it's effect on the clear coat will be. You'll probably need a proper detail to solve it.

Man of Honour
Builders wipes. I recommend the ones made by Everbuild.

You know when you rip one of those horrible stickers off something, and the paper rips and leaves a nasty adhesive behind? These wipes take it off in seconds...

Soldato
Try a cloth with a little DW40 on it. It works for tar and all sorts. You'll just need to wash the panel afterwards and re-apply any polish/wax. Farecla also do a paint detox cleaner which is pretty good.

Man of Honour
Worth warming it up with a hair dryer or something first then wiping down with IPA or similar? (no idea if this is a good idea or not or will even do anything).

Soldato
They can be polished out, though with a rotary polisher. Chips Away got rid of a few hand prints on my car for me for free, though I did get a rear bumper fixed at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom