• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problems getting over x39 multiplier with i7 3700k?

Associate
Hello all, I just purchased a i7 3770k, from a fellow MM. All arrived super fast, and fitted the cpu.

Was just wondering why the cpu/mobo will only let me select from x16 to x39 multiplier, and nothing higher?
Previously had a i5 2500k in there, and i could set anything upto 5x+.

Is this a problem with the motherboard? or is it the cpu it is the "k" version.
The motherboard is a http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3897#ov

Thanks

Caporegime
It needs the UEFI BIOS.

But you may find you have no voltage options and only LLC to adjust once flashed.

But the CPU may go higher than 39X on stock volts so possibly you may get 42X out of it.

You cant use Qflash or @BIOS to do this update, you need a bootable USB drive and put the BIOS file and flash utility on the drive, boot to DOS command and go from there.

Caporegime
if f8 is latest one I think theres not much you can do,im not sure if you can flash rev1 bios on rev2 board it might screw the board

theres no uefi beta on tweaktown forums either,i can ask stasio see if he knows

Associate
OP
Ok after a quick upgrade, bought a z77-d3h of the MM.. flashed it too latest bios..

Setup is now:

i7 3700k
z77-d3h
8GB ripjaw 1600mhz ram

Im looking to overclock to about 4.5ghz, but in the past i've just used auto settings, but, I want to do it properly this time.

Could anyone give me some voltage advice and settings and should/shouldn't change

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom