• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
"It appears that Nvidia has been feeling the pulse of the market and took some note from comments regarding the original launch price for the upcoming GM204 Maxwell based Geforce GTX 980 and GTX 970 graphics cards. The company has adjusted the launch price and the new price, which AIB partners got yesterday morning, is set at US $329 for the GTX 970 and US $549 for the GTX 980"

Not bad prices - I'm deffo going 970

:D

Soldato
Can we have some single slot cards please, I'm not worried about the cooler taking up two slots, I take them off and put them under water but the bracket having two slots is a waste for those who dunk them under water.

Just break off the DVI port and it will be single slot :p

Caporegime
"It appears that Nvidia has been feeling the pulse of the market and took some note from comments regarding the original launch price for the upcoming GM204 Maxwell based Geforce GTX 980 and GTX 970 graphics cards. The company has adjusted the launch price and the new price, which AIB partners got yesterday morning, is set at US $329 for the GTX 970 and US $549 for the GTX 980"

Not bad prices - I'm deffo going 970

:D

Shame that price of $449-$499 is no longer for the 980 : /

Will be too much for me to jump I think.

Associate
Must be wrong if Nvidia think they can charge more than the 780Ti. 28nm is cheap now it has been out ages and OCUK have been trying to flog them for £440 for a fair while now.

Process might be cheap but R&D to make chip more efficient isn't, especially given that they had to redesign it back to 28nm

Associate
Apologies if I've missed it, but have any pictures of gigabyte's custom cooled 970 or 980 surfaced?

If the custom cooled 970 turns out to be ~£280 I'll be a very happy bunny, and my 460 768MB could finally be put to rest

On the page I pointed to on post no.423 of this thread it shows a GB WF3 970 image.

Soldato
Evening Chief.

Hmm! A couple of 980 Classys would be tempting when/if available.

Aye I might have to sit this one out. September/October are the 2 most expensive months of the year for me and I am drained :o:)

Oh just a little footnote peeps, if you do get a 970/980 make sure you wrap it in a lead lined box because if these scientist chappies are more than 5-10% out in there estimations of this massive solar storm approaching I can see a lot of fried (and frustrated) people :D:D:D

Friday onwards ..... oooooo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/extreme-solar-storm-heading-straight-for-earth-following-giant-magnetic-explosion-on-the-sun-9727023.html

Soldato
Found this for the new Galax (KFA2 / Galaxy merger) and before I get accused of something I don't know how to do, no I didn't hack any websites, reputable link! :rolleyes:

s7tsAJH.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom