• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Working NVFlash that can flash modified GTX970/980 BIOS's

Soldato
Ok. Will do some more testing.

Could be a placebo but card is a lot more stable with max voltage, am seeing 1585 stable on 3dMark 4k +87mv. It was instant crashing before with that much voltage.

Caporegime
I might edit the bios so they hold around 1.25v and it doesn't lower. Will save me using K-Boost if I can do this. The main reason overclocks aren't stable on these 9 series cards is because of lag when cards change voltage on the fly in games or benchmarks. I'm not sure if it's something nvidia ever fix with drivers either as it's only an issue with high overclocks.

Associate
I can't get this to work at all. I've doubled every value in the power limit screen, but it drops my core clock speeds in half?!

Can anyone post a modded EVGA SC bios with removed/doubled power limit?

Associate
I can set 150% power-limit in both afterburner and PX but it does not seem to actually do anything.

Mine seems to, I have seen it go way over 125 now in 3dmark.

I'm actually fiddling with it via teamviewer at the moment because i'm stuck at work but it seems to be working.

Soldato
well the BIOS posted on overclock gives me up to +100mv but anything over 1600MHZ is really unstable for me at any voltage.

Soldato
I hope someone out there makes a Strix compatible bios with raised voltage to 1.28, Power limits etc... as I'm not very confident when it comes to bios editing :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just thought I would report back and say I got the custom BIOS working on my EVGA SC.

During testing I have seen the PL boost to around 140%.

I can now set 156% PL +100mv without the card crashing. All tools report 1.275v however, I think that the actual voltage is a lot higher than that. Kboost disable does not work so, we still need to wait for skyn3t bios.

Results? In terms of actual clocks, I think an extra 20Mhz on the core however, as the card is not down-clocking at all, the actual performance benefit will be higher than that.

Associate
could someone explain what this is actually for? am running msi 970 at 1480core and 7ghz ram, would flashing bios help me get better speeds?

Soldato
could someone explain what this is actually for? am running msi 970 at 1480core and 7ghz ram, would flashing bios help me get better speeds?

It allows you to raise the thresh-holds of the card beyond what air-cooling is capable of. You need to be water-cooled, if you are running a stock card you are ok as-is.

Back
Top Bottom