London on Board

Soldato
http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/

Anyone down in London? Every week, London on Board hosts several free meetups to attend, situated in central London. During the week there are usually 2-4 meetups that happen at the Bishop's Finger in the evenings, close to Farringdon station. And then at the weekends, usually both days, there are all day meetups at the Old Star, opposite St James Park underground station.

The events are free to attend, you just have to register on the meetup.com website because we're limited by the size of the pubs as to how many people we can fit in. There is always a good selection of games available, on the weekend everyone brings their own, and I believe at the weekday sessions there are a set of games that are kindly stored behind the bar. You are only allowed to eat and drink things bought in the bar, but since they let us have the rooms for free, it's a reasonable exchange, and the food and prices are pretty good.

We've got all ages and genders turning up (Though it's mostly guys in their 20s-30s), so if you're in the area feel free to sign up and come along. As I mentioned above, there's always a big selection of games, and you will undoubtedly not know how to play most of them, but you won't be the only one in that situation, and most people are now pretty good at explaining the rules!
You can sign up to play specific games on the meetup thread for each day if there is something you specifically want to try out, otherwise just turn up, hang around the pile of games and either suggest one you would like to play, or else someone else will, enough people will agree to play it, and off you go.
And if you're there on saturdays, say hi to me!

Soldato
OP
Been a while, thought I'd bump this thread up to see if there's any further interest in this! It's still free, there's still an event every day of the week, what more can you ask for?

I'm there every Saturday, so shout if you're planning on attending!

Soldato
I'll probably only get to weekday events as The Bishop's Finger is a 5-minute walk from the office. Maybe our paths will cross though. :)

Soldato
Recently caught the boardgame bug (after being solely a Netrunner addict for the last year or so) Just signed up to the group, so might see you in the coming weeks. Oh and have a free bump :)

Edit: BTW I see you're in Mornington Crescent. If you ever see people playing board/card games in the Lyttleton Arms, one of them is quite possibly me .

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Recently caught the boardgame bug (after being solely a Netrunner addict for the last year or so) Just signed up to the group, so might see you in the coming weeks. Oh and have a free bump :)

Edit: BTW I see you're in Mornington Crescent. If you ever see people playing board/card games in the Lyttleton Arms, one of them is quite possibly me .

Alas I'm not actually there, still trying to figure out how to get there!
Netrunner doesn't get much play since there is only limited table space so games that can accommodate more people around the table are preferred, but one it gets later I know there are a few people there with decks.

Back
Top Bottom