Route Planning

Associate
Hi all, I need to make a trip to Scotland in the next few weeks stopping at 28 separate locations, Does anyone know of a website which will allow me to enter the addresses of the locations and provide me with the most optimal route. I have had a search around but I've yet to find a satisfactory solution.

Most websites I've tried so far have fallen at the first hurdle by not allowing me to enter 28 separate locations. Others crash when they try to export the location data to Google maps. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to sit down with a map for a couple of hours and manually plan the route.

Associate
OP
.... Google maps surely, you can do huge route plans on that :confused:

I have a sequential list of locations by branch number, not by location. Google won't optimize the route for me to provide me with the shortest route...that is the problem I am trying to solve.

Man of Honour
I do this for 7-10 postcodes everyday on Google Maps.

Like Jez says, just move the pins around.

Use Old Google Maps though as it's 100x better than the new design.

He doesnt want to be able to do it manually, he wants a peice of software that will automatically optimise the stops in the most efficient order.

The sort of thing Autoroute used to do easily in the 90's.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27203500 said:
He doesnt want to be able to do it manually, he wants a peice of software that will automatically optimise the stops in the most efficient order.

The sort of thing Autoroute used to do easily in the 90's.

That's what Google Maps does, except don't move the pins, just drag the route. It'll optimise as you go.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
That's what Google Maps does, except don't move the pins, just drag the route. It'll optimise as you go.

Sorry, thats what i meant, obviously dont move the pins as they will change location then :p

It will take all of five minutes to drag the stops into the best order and google will plan between them.

Associate
OP
Just a quick update, I ended up paying for a 24 hour subscription to a service called Speedy Route. I just copied the locations in to Speedy Route in one go from my excel sheet. I then clicked optimize and was presented with the best route in seconds BQgdNXf.png

£2.35 well spent IMO, the only thing its lacking is an option to set a different end location from the start location, that isn't so much of an issue though. If anyone is wondering the route above is 1063 miles + 420 miles (not shown) back home to Suffolk. I'm travelling from Hull to London Tomorrow to pick up my car and then drive up to Scotland. I hope to be back on Saturday night at the very earliest, I'm not sure how realistic I'm being with that but time will tell I guess.

Back
Top Bottom