Best place to get 20 litres of whiskey?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, it's for my brothers wedding :p

Ideally it would all be the same, we were looking at JD and Jameson purely because these are names we are familiar with.

We have already bought 20 litres of Smirnoff and 20 litres of Bacardi from the supermarkets, they currently have JD on offer at Tesco. I just thought there maybe somewhere I could buy in bulk that I didn't know about.

I'll check out Costco and Aldi aswell :)

Edit: Do you think it would be cheaper after new years?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't get JD, people who like JD will be happy with the Smirnoff and people who want Whisky won't want JD.

Also, how many guests will there be? People don't tend to spend the whole night on whisky so you might not need as much as you think. I know for about 50 guests to our wedding we had plently left out of a 1.5 litre bottle as in general people will be on the wine and beer. In my experience anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We won't have wine at the party but we will have beer, I think thats already been sorted out though.

I think it's around 400 people, not too sure I need to check.

People drink A LOT at indian weddings...

Soldato
If you are after whiskey then tesco are selling Wild Turkey for 15 quid a bottle. If you are after whisky then you probably won't find much that would be sensible prices in the bulk amount you are looking for.

People who don't know whiskey very well will probably be happy with a good bourbon just to use a mixer (JD, Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace), the rest that know their stuff would probably steer clear. Best thing to do would probably be to buy a fair whack of bourbon whisky and then a few bottles of Scotch as whisky varies in flavour very heavily. Auchentoshan is a nice light whisky and can be had for a sensible price. Talisker or Craggenmore is a lot more smokey/petey and will cost more but will generally be drank straight.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People will drink a lot more Vodka than Whisky. If you genuinly think you need 20l of Whisky then I'd suggest you need to tripple or more your Vodka stock.

Soldato
You cannot dissolve bones and flesh with whiskey.
You need hydrofluoric acid or sumfing.

God Damn Breaking bad lies selling HF and some super acid for bodies, Sulphuric/Nitric/HI are far better... good advice on the containers though.

OT

Make your own, it's not that hard. Buy some white spirits from Homebase and filter it through some charcoal to add a bit of colour.

Do this, fill 2L coke bottles with home made labels

Soldato
Is this a dowry? Please don't get JD, not that I'm going but it's *** please fully out swearing, especially that word *** gross. Yes I said it!

While I don't mind a bourbon and actually love SoCo, I found JD over advertised junk and a lot of people I know won't touch the stuff.

Skeeter is right, a lot of people drinks vokda when compared to whiskey. While good vokda is actually tasteless and can be mixed in will lot of stuff. Whiskey does have a taste, drinkers are more pickly to their labels and types and there's not that many good mixtures even if you was to include bourbons. You may be better of getting a mix bag of whiskey in.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't think the proportions are right here, Vodka is by far the most popular drink because it has no taste, it's just dilute alcohol that can be mixed into anything, white rum, is also very popular, as is gin and tequila less so, but whisky is much less popular in comparison to vodka and rum, and I think 20L is overdoing it.

Soldato
Don't think the proportions are right here, Vodka is by far the most popular drink because it has no taste, it's just dilute alcohol that can be mixed into anything, white rum, is also very popular, as is gin and tequila less so, but whisky is much less popular in comparison to vodka and rum, and I think 20L is overdoing it.

Have to agree with this massively. I've worked and managed bars in my past and the amount of Whisky sold, in comparison to Vodkas and Gins was tiny. I vary rarely had to order in a lot of Whisky, even if we had events on. JD was the only one we sold in any reasonable quantity, but was still far less than Vodka.

if you think you're going to go through 20L of Whisky, then fair one, but I'd get a lot more than 20L of Vodka in that case lol.

Soldato
Have to agree with this massively. I've worked and managed bars in my past and the amount of Whisky sold, in comparison to Vodkas and Gins was tiny. I vary rarely had to order in a lot of Whisky, even if we had events on. JD was the only one we sold in any reasonable quantity, but was still far less than Vodka.

if you think you're going to go through 20L of Whisky, then fair one, but I'd get a lot more than 20L of Vodka in that case lol.

Bloody heathens drinking spirits that need mixing to have taste.

Back
Top Bottom