Anyone fall asleep with their earphones in?

Caporegime
Hi all

I tend to fall asleep more quickly if I'm listening to music or a storybook or something. Makes me drowsy really quickly.

However my ears ache sometimes when I wake up as a result of lying on the earphones and having them inserted in the ear canal all night, so I'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions for earphones that are comfortable to sleep in?

I'm open to all suggestions and most budgets, so I can't be more specific I'm afraid.

Thanks.

Soldato
I don't because I am afraid of struggling myself with them as I sleep! Have you considered some cheap speakers for your bedside table?

Associate
Only by acciendent.. Didn't intend to fall asleep then woke up about 6 hours later with them wrapped around my neck ~_~. Pillow speakers seem to always attract good reviews.

Associate
I regularly fall asleep with these in.

Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones - I got mine from the forrest,, £5.50 / pair

I tend to only use one earpiece though, as I just listen to audio books or BBC Radio player programs in bed so stereo doesn't matter so much.
I usually start out with it in the ear i'm not lying on, but when I wake up its wrapped round my neck and i'm lying on it.
They are so small that they are comfy even if lying on them.
So cheap it doesn't matter if they break, and sound quality is surprisingly good also.

Speaker in the pillow doesn't work if your married :p

Caporegime
OP
I regularly fall asleep with these in.

Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones - I got mine from the forrest,, £5.50 / pair

I tend to only use one earpiece though, as I just listen to audio books or BBC Radio player programs in bed so stereo doesn't matter so much.
I usually start out with it in the ear i'm not lying on, but when I wake up its wrapped round my neck and i'm lying on it.
They are so small that they are comfy even if lying on them.
So cheap it doesn't matter if they break, and sound quality is surprisingly good also.

Speaker in the pillow doesn't work if your married :p

Spot on, I'm married hence I specified earphones in my OP and not pillow phones :p.

Those look ideal actually, thanks.

Associate
I do the same, when I was single I'd have a bedside radio on but being with my missus who hates anything on in the background means ear plugs are my only option !

I use a pair of Jay-ones from RS, they have a tape like wire that doesn't get tangled & a plethora of ear fittings. They are also not deep & hurt your ear should you turn to lay on your ear.

My tip would be use the smallest tips you can (if the headphones come with other tips), it will fall out of your ear when your asleep & thus illuminating your ear fatigue.

Associate
Used to a lot with a cheap pair of sony in-ears but they broke so I upgraded to HD202's, which were very easy to sleep in. They then broke so have been using Lindy Premium (Brainwavz HM05) but I've had to stop as they knackered my neck up big time a few weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom