• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crossfire overclock reseting to default

Soldato
I have 3x HD 7950s
1 is a Gigabyte and 2 are MSI

I'm using afterburner to overclock, all 3 cards clocks raises but after some time the primary card's clock goes back to default (I'm using the gigabyte as primary)

Driver is not crashing or anything like that, if I overclock by 1mhz it still resets to default, even if I underclock the cards the primary will goes back to default.

AMD Overdrive is not enabled on CCC panel.

I'm not sure if it is due mixing different brands and msi afterburner.
Afterburner reads the Gigabyte card as: "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series" and the MSI cards as: "MSI R7950 series"

"Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors" is enabled

I thought about using the MSI bios on the Gigabyte card, but I would prefer to find another solution before trying that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You could try editing your cards bios to make the overclock permanent thats it was i done

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18519021

Thanks for the tip, but I already did this.
I already edited all 3 bios, one card was 900/1250, second one was 830/1250 and the third one was 800/1250, now they are all 1000/1250 by default but I would like to be able to overclock more but not 24/7.

Have you tried reinstalling AB? This sometimes happens to me when I'm changing bios or swapping out cards

I did, I even tried with different versions. :(

Associate
I've had a similar issue where my overclock wouldn't set properly sometimes with a 2 GPU set up. I have it working now by using the hotkeys to overclock. "Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors" is unchecked and I set and saved profiles for each GPU separately. I also have "reset display mode on applying unofficial overclocking" checked.

Soldato
OP
I've had a similar issue where my overclock wouldn't set properly sometimes with a 2 GPU set up. I have it working now by using the hotkeys to overclock. "Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors" is unchecked and I set and saved profiles for each GPU separately. I also have "reset display mode on applying unofficial overclocking" checked.

Didn't work either :(

any more ideas?
anyone else?

Associate
Try delaying the startup of MSI AB to start AFTER CCC has loaded.

I've had this before where CCC would override and reset anything AB was doing.

edit AB config file, look for startupdelay change from 0 to 20000 = 20 seconds (dependent on the speed of your PC etc). reboot and see if it helps?

Soldato
Are you saving the overclock setting per graphics card into one of the 5 numbered slots? I usually save the settings for each card in the same number to avoid confusion.

Also make sure in ' settings>general ' right at the bottom where it says 'Graphics Processor type' it is set to standard for each card.
And check the profiles section in case you are loading some unwanted profile.

Soldato
OP

edit AB config file, look for startupdelay change from 0 to 20000 = 20 seconds (dependent on the speed of your PC etc). reboot and see if it helps?

I will try that, thanks.
But it is reseting the clock after I start some application that uses 3D and not at windows start.

Are you saving the overclock setting per graphics card into one of the 5 numbered slots? I usually save the settings for each card in the same number to avoid confusion.

Also make sure in ' settings>general ' right at the bottom where it says 'Graphics Processor type' it is set to standard for each card.
And check the profiles section in case you are loading some unwanted profile.

Doesn't matter if I use any of the 5 slots or just set the clock manually.
all my cards have a default clock of 1000/1250.
let say I overclock all of them to 1100/1250 so you have
1st = 1100/1250
2nd = 1100/1250
3rd = 1100/1250
Then lets say I start 3Dmark, for some tests they all keep the clocks, but after sometime the 1st card goes back to default, so I have:
1st = 1000/1250
2nd = 1100/1250
3rd = 1100/1250

yes, graphics processor type is set to standard for all.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

nope, it didn't work :(
I tested overclocking gpu, memory and increasing the voltage.
the main gpu clock and memory goes back to default, the voltage still the one I set on afterburner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom