which Steering Wheel?

Associate
Been looking for a while now, my old DFGT needs replacing but not sure what to go with. Narrowed it down to Thrust master T300 to T500 and G27.

T300 has brushless motor
T500 has better peddles
G27 is cheaper and has stick shift although not sure I want this anyway.

Thoughts?

Associate
OP
Sorry PC I have PS3 and PS4 but don't use steering wheel on them, I can use the DFGT if I want to, the G27 is really cheap now but wondered if the others were that much better they warrant the extra cash?

Associate
I have a g27, got it off "the flea" only used once, but @ £169 atm brand new they are worth a pop.
Your not sure on the shifter, as in the 6 speed H? You can get a sequential mod plate, and the shifter holds the "pad controls" for menu's and stuff.
Pedals from the 27 are highly used throughout, especially with fanatec's line. They are a good feel weight wise and easily modded.

I also have a dfgt with the ffb motor swap, metal direct drive gear, robbinson racing 1/8th shaft adaptor + a touch of dremil :)

The 27 rapes the standard + modded dfgt, which overall is a good starter wheel due to the low price, but it makes a racket when in use, less so after the mod, which removes a planetary drive wheel for direct "faster" response.

No idea about the thrustmaster's, except they cost nearly twice as much..

Associate
OP
I have a g27, got it off "the flea" only used once, but @ £169 atm brand new they are worth a pop.
Your not sure on the shifter, as in the 6 speed H? You can get a sequential mod plate, and the shifter holds the "pad controls" for menu's and stuff.
Pedals from the 27 are highly used throughout, especially with fanatec's line. They are a good feel weight wise and easily modded.

I also have a dfgt with the ffb motor swap, metal direct drive gear, robbinson racing 1/8th shaft adaptor + a touch of dremil :)

The 27 rapes the standard + modded dfgt, which overall is a good starter wheel due to the low price, but it makes a racket when in use, less so after the mod, which removes a planetary drive wheel for direct "faster" response.

No idea about the thrustmaster's, except they cost nearly twice as much..

Thanks, my DFGT is not model, never even looked in to this.

Your right though the price of the G27 is good now so I will take a punt on it.

Soldato
I recently had a similar choice to make, having a DFGT for playing GT6 on the ps3 and Assetto Corsa on the pc.

But as I also wanted the option to game on the ps4 I was left with a narrower choice of t300 or t500.

I went with the T300rs, I love the wheel, the pedals aren't brilliant however, they have dead spot at the start of their travel which I don't like, leading me to pack out the front of the pedal arm to remove this dead spot.
The alternative pedals are meant to be great, but at around £100 they up the overall price to around £350, plus that also leaves you using flappy gears with a clutch, no thanks! So thats another £100 for the H box...

if you have no desire to game on the ps4 then I would probably opt for the G27, clutch and gear stick would seal the deal.

Associate
currently converting one of these:
mbcnfJDdsew0x2-0WB1WfrA.jpg

to stand-alone usb hbrake.

£25 for a drift brake and about £10 in parts including an Arduino Nano for the input via a 35mm slide pot.

Fanatec do one with a button input for $100.. lol

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies.

I was looking at the play seat but then I have to put a screen in font of it, I have a 42" tv that's spare but I have 3 monitors on my PC and play F1 2014 at the moment.

I don't like having to make a decision :(

Associate
i always see the g27 at the top of the gaming wheels and the t500 in the sim category. I like my g27 but never use the stick as it is pap (my opinion). So if you want to be heavily into the sim idea go with the more expensive but if not the g27 wheel is damn good and the pedals are pretty nice

Back
Top Bottom