Any X Pro 1 users here?

Soldato
I see the Fuji return store have them for £225 now - really am tempted currently. They also have the xm1 for £160 and the xe2 for £270 and an xe1 dual lens kit for £310. I am not sure what to get TBH. I do like the hybrid viewfinder but the other deals seem better.

Anyone used Nikon to x mount adaptors with them as I already have some FF Nikon lenses I would like to use?

Soldato
I have an X-Pro 1 and it's a good camera. I do want to upgrade to an X-T1 badly, however. I think personally out of the Pro and the XE2 I would chose the latter as I rarely use the optical viewfinder.

Caporegime
Camera prices always tumble, this is especially apparent in mirror-less cameras, and even worse for mirror-less cameras with low market share. The Nikon 1s and Fuji X always end up on fire-sales to clear stock.

Soldato
Get the XE2 unless you really want the optical viewfinder. The XE2 has better electronics in it with faster AF and also a much better EVF.

If you can afford it try and get the 18-55 2.8-4.0 kit lens, it's probably the best kit lens I've ever used and will see you though until you can look at some of the other lenses.

http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/fujifilm-x-e2-kit-xf18-55-lens-refurbished.html

Last edited:
Associate
I bought one near launch and I don't care about the refurb prices. I got more than my money's worth out of it and it's a thing you factor when purchasing anything electronic.

Soldato
I bought one near launch and I don't care about the refurb prices. I got more than my money's worth out of it and it's a thing you factor when purchasing anything electronic.

This, the X-Pro has the optical viewfinder. If you don't need that then the X-E2 is pretty attractive. If you don't need quick AF or shoot a lot in low light, then the X-E1 is even more attractive....

Soldato
OP
Yeah I am torn between the two,but I will be using a mount adaptor for the time being as I can use my Nikon lenses. Its a focal length reducer so it will be the same 35mm focal length but means manual focus and AP exposure. When I have more monies will get the 18mm/f2. The camera will be mostly used for when I am strolling around instead of my D600. It won't be used for any Tele work.

Associate
I love my x-pro 1 and use the optical viewfinder almost exclusively. I can but would not choose to use any camera without an optical viewfinder simply because it suits my shooting style. They are truly excellent tools.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Damn it!!

The price has gone up now!!:(

However,I noticed the XM1 is £161 with a discount code - is that any good?

I know its plastic and lacks a viewfinder,but its quite compact and I can get a Fuji 18MM/F2 into the budget too.

Back
Top Bottom