***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

I haz 4090!
Don
Had a play on it last night. Rig in my sig was getting terrible stutter. DXtory didn't even overlay in game so I couldn't see FPS but it didn't feel much above 30.

Did you have Twitch running in the background, or any shockwave pages running? I was getting the same until I killed Twitch, after that it was smooth as silk.

Soldato
I was trying to move my game to my SSD, but I forgot to save the appmanifest_271590.acf

could someone open it on wordpad and paste is here, so I can try to fix my installation?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a play on it last night. Rig in my sig was getting terrible stutter. DXtory didn't even overlay in game so I couldn't see FPS but it didn't feel much above 30.

Second screen? I have almost the same setup and had stutter until I unplugged the second monitor!

In fact, your setup is almost identical! The only difference is I have 2 x 7970s instead :D

Soldato
Hi, getting abit jealous reading about playing it :mad:

im thinking of buying it but really wanna be running it at high settings smooth to enjoy it

my PC spec is

AMD 8350 @ 4.4ghz
8GB 1866mhz ddr 3
MSI 290 Gaming Edition @1000mhz gpu - 1300mhz memory

running a 1080p 27inch 60hz monitor

by looking at the benchmarks the 290 does well, i would be happy with 60fps, but i know my cpu is a let down, and with skylake coming pretty soon, think would be waste now buying Intel I7 cpu,

what you guyz reckon ?

Thanks

I'd say near enough everything max, aside from MSAA should be good around 60fps.

Caporegime
Just had my first hour or so on this. Plays very well. All maxed (apart from notching the distance and shadow scaling down a couple of notches in advanced settings as this gained a good few fps) at 1080p) with 4xMSAA and get pretty much 60fps with vsync ,all of the time (on a 4.5ghz 3770k and a 980 gtx).

Seems to be very CPU intensive though. Even without vsync my gpu usage never hits 100%. Mostly 70-80%.

Had to turn mouse input from raw to direct though otherwise it just felt like a stuttery mess. Weird. Super smooth with direct input.

Soldato
It feels like its just a server loading thing, been taking ages to connect for me and the few friends i play with.

It's fairly slow for everyone tbh, having an SSD will speed up load times and reduce pop in when a new player comes into your area, especially if they're moving fast.

I noticed a few people "appear" near me last night but they were on TS so I knew they were in the area, there was a flutter of HDD activity as they appeared, possibly unconnected but personally I think an SSD is essential these days regardless.

Soldato
Btw does anyone know how to take screenshots on the Rockstar version of the game? i.e non steam version. PrtScrn doesn't seem to do anything and I've looked for screendumps in all the typical locations C:\Users and the game dir itself but no luck.

Not a fan of using programs like FRAPS but may have to as I am currently dropping to windowed mode (alt+enter), pressing prntscrn and pasting into paint.net before going back to full screen again. Also - can anyone recommend a half decent mic because I have no idea and I want to insult Halfmad.

Associate
Smooth like Butta

Bought the game on steam

Running smooth as Butta on my new machine i bought from OCUK !

i updated Nvidia driver, but i found out each time i update it disables my SLI

Went into the game and it was only detecting 4gb VRam so turned SLI back on and i had 8GB VRam to play with. oh baby gota love the 980 SLI setup.

ive cranked everything to very high settings. and refresh rate to 144hz

running great on the ASUS ROG Switft 27" G-Sync.

the corsair Hydro fans are running like a jet engine to be fair LOL

MAXIMUM POWER !

This isn't approved by rockstar Yet**** and there is a chance it will be treated as a "cheat" so be careful to whoever uses this :)

Yeah and I don't think it changes the FOV in vehicles either, which my opinion need the biggest increase; feel way to zoomed in.

That being said though, there will probably be an update soon. Liking that there is already "mods" being put out (even though this is a simple number change most likely). I've heard that people have already got cheats working in MP.

Back
Top Bottom