BSOD HELP ME PLEASE!

Associate
When I load my computer it bluescreens every 5-10 mins, when it reloads it says it is to do with the driver ntoskrnl, I have to use my pc in safe mode as this doesn't bluescreen. I have memtested and tested my ram, reinstalled windows etc, but none of them have worked. Please help
Components...
ASUS M5A78L-USB3 motherboard
MSI R9 290 graphics card
AMD fx4300 CPU
8gb RAM
650w corsair psu
Windows 7 OS

Soldato
When I load my computer it bluescreens every 5-10 mins, when it reloads it says it is to do with the driver ntoskrnl, I have to use my pc in safe mode as this doesn't bluescreen. I have memtested and tested my ram, reinstalled windows etc, but none of them have worked. Please help
Components...
MSI R9 290 graphics card
AMD fx4300 CPU
8gb RAM
650w corsair psu
Windows 7 OS

Have you tested your hard drive or ssd that you are installing on for errors?
Can you tell us the actual blue screen code - would give us a better idea of what is happening. Could well be a rogue driver as you say it is ok running in safe mode - check your drivers and update to latest for your hardware.

Let us know how you get on.

Associate
Components...
MSI R9 290 graphics card
AMD fx4300 CPU
8gb RAM
650w corsair psu
Windows 7 OS

you need MS WinDiag to load up the memory.dmp file (located in Windows folder) this will tell you what cause the BSOD

Soldato
load in to safe mode and check windows files.

open command prompt as a admin and type sfc /scannow

will do a file check and tell you if there is any issues

Last edited:
Soldato
you are probably better off getting bluescreenview its more user friendly (do a google).

I would use system restore to return your PC to the last time it was okay. This will also show you what major changes/updates happened to your PC and let you select a day to restore your PC to before it BSOD.

Back
Top Bottom