Mirrored visors: cool, or squid?

Associate
Just don't buy a Shoei GT Air, the internal visor is less than worthless.

I bought the GT Air.... I concur. Internal visor does pretty much nothing, how ever having to wear glasses I can't wear shades or anything so its better than nothing but not by much.

I'll get a nice smoked visor next payday perhaps but far more important things to pay for atm.

Soldato
I bought the GT Air.... I concur. Internal visor does pretty much nothing, how ever having to wear glasses I can't wear shades or anything so its better than nothing but not by much.

I'll get a nice smoked visor next payday perhaps but far more important things to pay for atm.

I must be the only person more than satisfied with the GT Air internal visor! It's much better than the previous ones I have had in HJCs.

Got any pic's of the UV React Pinlock in action in situ? Tempted to get one.

My Pinlock UV behind a clear visor on a sunny but cloudy day on left. Chap on right has a normal tinted visor for reference.

uvpinlock.jpg

Associate
I've got a dark smoke on my Arai GP, and a mirrored on my Shoei NXR

The Arai is now my spare / track lid, the Shoei is my every day one.

I only got the mirrored on the Shoei because they didn't have a dark smoke in stock when I bought the Lid, but I'm just as happy with the mirrored one.

Associate
Happy with my Shoei GT Air! For the most part. The internal visor is pretty dark, so I find it has worth there. I do believe my full tint on my old/other lids is darker, but I'm used to it now.

It does fog up if I have my snood thing over my nose, which is only a little annoying in winter, but manageable.

Man of Honour
It fogs up, it is not optically correct, it blurs everything like it's coated in Vaseline and it does naff all for the sun.

It's just so terrible compared to every other internal visor I've tried, and for the price it's pathetic.

It's probably acceptable for the UK sun though which gets blocked by cling film :p

Soldato
Have you...cleaned it? :D

It's an absolute nightmare when dirty, agreed. But once cleaned it's fine! I'm absolutely anal about my optics as well.

Man of Honour
I caved and bought myself a shiny new Shark 900C yesterday so we'll see what the internal sun visor is like on that when it arrives on Saturday but they also make the UV reactive pinlocks for this model unlike my old one so I'll probably end up with one of them at some point.

Associate
I use a dark tint visor as well as the internal visor to avoid snow blindness!

Mirrored visors scream "attention whore" to me though.

Better clean up my shiny loud baffles out bike, chuck on the power ranger leathers, oh no... can't add the mirrored visor or they'll think I'm an attention whore!

Just kidding, I'm not a fan of them either. I have the dark one that came with my HJC RPHA-10+ and the clear one. Both with pinlocks as they fog up horribly otherwise. Literally put them on your head and breath once and you're now blind.

Man of Honour
Have you...cleaned it? :D

It's an absolute nightmare when dirty, agreed. But once cleaned it's fine! I'm absolutely anal about my optics as well.

Yeah it's spotless. It's just a crap internal visor and has been since day one of ownership. It's not just mine either as I have had a look at a few other GT Air's and they're identical.

Luckily I have a dark smoke tinted visor though.

Soldato
Weird mines been fine in my gt-air, use it all the time when I use that helmet. Used to use the light reactive inserts before that.

Soldato
I have just realized that it's the visor you have bought isn't it :D Not the helmet :p Forgot what thread i was in lol..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom