*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Downloaded Shadow of Mordor... later decided to get the GOTY upgrade key for it. Put that in, and was surprised to see that nothing was downloaded, it just said 'installed'. Have to say if that stuff was in the game to start with, that's pretty crappy.

Anywho.. was a good price still :)

Soldato
Downloaded Shadow of Mordor... later decided to get the GOTY upgrade key for it. Put that in, and was surprised to see that nothing was downloaded, it just said 'installed'. Have to say if that stuff was in the game to start with, that's pretty crappy.

Anywho.. was a good price still :)

The extra content downloads via patches they release over time. You can see it's all greyed out on the main menu until you enter the key to unlocked it. A lot of games do it like batman.

Soldato
Mad Max pre-order is £12.97 on cdkeys inc the 5% code

for that money I am signing up. Warner Bros should have enough of a slapping from Arkham Knight to make it vaguely finished on release!

Latest vids look pretty cool too....and tbh, I am complete sucka for anything about Max :D

Last edited:
Soldato

for that money I am signing up. Warner Bros should have another of a slapping from Arkham Knight to make it vaguely finished on release!

Latest vids look pretty cool too....and tbh, I am complete sucka for anything about Max :D

Can't believe how cheap this has become. I still don't think I want to risk it personally though, in fact I'm possibly put off more because its so cheap!

Hope its good though, loved the new film!

Soldato
Can't believe how cheap this has become. I still don't think I want to risk it personally though, in fact I'm possibly put off more because its so cheap!

Hope its good though, loved the new film!

Games that are that cheap before release which are not part of graphics card promotions (ala Arkham Knight), are instant red flags in my book. Add to that fact that it is also is a WB title AND a movie tie in and well.. yeah. In it's defence it is made by the guys (Avalanche Studios) that did the Just Cause series, but they have to be very busy with Just Cause 3 so it makes me wonder who is dealing with the port! :o

So yes like you I'm put off by the price, although it does "look" good pre-release we all remember Aliens: Colonial Marines right....

These days there are very very few titles I'm willing to pre-order and I'd hope I'm not alone in that mind set.

Associate
Games that are that cheap before release which are not part of graphics card promotions (ala Arkham Knight), are instant red flags in my book. Add to that fact that it is also is a WB title AND a movie tie in and well.. yeah. In it's defence it is made by the guys (Avalanche Studios) that did the Just Cause series, but they have to be very busy with Just Cause 3 so it makes me wonder who is dealing with the port! :o

So yes like you I'm put off by the price, although it does "look" good pre-release we all remember Aliens: Colonial Marines right....

These days there are very very few titles I'm willing to pre-order and I'd hope I'm not alone in that mind set.
Yeah, I'm very worried about Mad Max. Good price though, be worth the risk for many.

Associate
How has it even got this cheap when its not even out yet. I have no idea how these key companies work and manage to get hold of them so cheap. I wouldn't mind seeing how much they actually make from each key, it can't be that much.

Caporegime

for that money I am signing up. Warner Bros should have enough of a slapping from Arkham Knight to make it vaguely finished on release!

If it's anything like the film it will be God-awful, and considering the film has no actual storyline to speak of you just KNOW it's going to be God-awful.

Associate
If it's anything like the film it will be God-awful, and considering the film has no actual storyline to speak of you just KNOW it's going to be God-awful.

I disagree about the film but something fishy is going on if it's getting this deeply discounted before release.

Soldato
I disagree about the film but something fishy is going on if it's getting this deeply discounted before release.

Thief, Dead Rising 3, Murdered: Soul Suspect were all just as cheap. None of those were super games (apparently), but neither were they complete rubbish.

Alien Isolation was also cheap pre-release.

It's only really Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and GTA games which don't get heavy pre-release discount on PC from the key sites

Associate
Mortal Kombat X
Mortal Kombat X: Jason Voorhees DLC
Mortal Kombat X: Tanya DLC
Mortal Kombat X: Goro DLC
Mortal Kombat X: Klassic Pack 1 DLC
Mortal Kombat X: Kold War Pack DLC
Mortal Kombat X: Horror Pack DLC
Mortal Kombat X: Blue Steel Sub-Zero DLC

£12.79 @ Bundle Stars and redeemable via steam.

They still have shadows of mordor with a crapton of DLC for £12 as well, its been there some months. I'm suprised the place does not get mentioned much. Worth browsing.

Last edited:
Soldato

Could not disagree more regarding the film.

It's only really Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and GTA games which don't get heavy pre-release discount on PC from the key sites

Yeah but there's cheap and then there's CHEAP!

Soldato

I went for Mad Max as well at that price. Praying delays are not too long.

Back
Top Bottom