Soldato
The issue I would foresee is the relatively weak charging capacity of the bike even once started. It depends how drained the battery is as it may be lacking juice to crank it over subsequently.

Man of Honour
OP
It has enough to power the lights and the dash, and attempt a weak crank. To make matters worse the other half's car is in the garage so I can't pop to a dealer for a new battery or charger :(

Soldato
Can you not bump start it? had to do that a couple of times on my old 125, it ran down the battery so quick that if you cranked it over 4-5 times it's kill the battery. A quick waddle down the road (living on a slope helped!) and it was back running.

Unless you live at the bottom of a valley you've got plenty of hills around to bump start it :D then just take it for a good thrash to charge the battery.

Associate
Can you not bump start it? had to do that a couple of times on my old 125, it ran down the battery so quick that if you cranked it over 4-5 times it's kill the battery. A quick waddle down the road (living on a slope helped!) and it was back running.

Unless you live at the bottom of a valley you've got plenty of hills around to bump start it :D then just take it for a good thrash to charge the battery.

My old 125 did the same.

put in first, pull in clutch, roll down a slight hill and as you let the clutch out press the start button :)

A friend did start his once by just standing on the pegs and dropping onto his arse but that was a CBR600 so not sure if that was same issue lol

Caporegime
Great if you have plenty of steep inclines to roll down and bump it

Not so good if your on flat ground or the bikes to heavy to push,or you run out of puff haha

You don't have to hit the starter just let the clutch out with ignition on n it will lurch n start

Associate
Dunno about the Street, but my Speed is pretty much impossible to bump. Even with lots of speed and jumping down on the pegs, the back wheel just locks up. I've bump started other bikes, but have never been able to bump the Speed. Maybe I'm just not fat enough :D

Have jumped it a couple of times from cars though. Car ignition on, but car not running. Was a bit worried about melting wires so didn't leave the leads on long :p

Soldato
You can bump it on flat land. I've done it with the SV a few times - which I would imagine would be harder to do than the triple?

2nd gear run it along and then jump and bounce on the bike. Once you hit the bike on the down stroke hit the starter motor and feed the clutch out - don't drop the clutch

Caporegime
no difference

my zx10r (fi)would bump easy,and my carbed zx6r

never had a bike that wouldn't bumpstart

why do you bounce on the bike though? I never do that just let the clutch out,tyre skids a little then it starts,is it to stop the tyre skidding?

Back
Top Bottom