H1Z1..to buy or not to buy?

Associate
Slightly late on the hype which was months ago..but is it worth going for it now? Been interested from the videos of battle royale, looks great fun with people with ts/skype if possible. Game holding up well/development?

Also are there people I can play with, if i do buy it?

Caporegime
battle royal is awesome now. for that alone its a buy.

it has come on a lot since it first came out and last month or so its great.

i personally can see it being the only one of the zombie survival games to actually get somewhere.

in battle royal you can go single ,2 man teams, or 5 man teams.

Soldato
Doesn't this just use the arma 3 engine? If so just get arma 3... More flexibility and can play tons of maps and mods.

I'm playing battle royale on it currently and is good fun.

Soldato
My vote would be for no.

If you want a battle royale experience arma 3 mod is probably the best one I've played (although I haven't played many to be fair).

Rust is always coming along quite nicely and will have a battle royale map soon if it hasn't been released already.

Caporegime
rust has terrible fps this doesnt even maxxed fps.

arma 3 also has fps issues.this also in battle royal has tons of guns and vehicles now.

if you have the game and not played it for a while install it again and go play battle royal and see.

games are full and team games are great laugh.

Soldato
arma 3 also has fps issues.this also in battle royal has tons of guns and vehicles now.

games are full and team games are great laugh.

I don't agree that Arma has FPS issues... If anything I'm astounded that it runs well on current laptop with a GT640M, I get a solid 50-60 FPS. Granted most stuff is off/low but still looks good.

Know people with 980TI and says it runs great... If you want FPS issues try the initial Arma 2 release when I had 2 x 4890s... That was painful :D

Soldato
Similar to some above, it is fun if only for the battle royale mode. I think I only paid £11 for it when there was a discount on, so to me it was worth it. It is quite subjective though, but I feel I'v had my £11 worth already and I still play it from time to time with friends.

Associate
Br is good but so is survival when played with a group of people shame about the hackers though when they can break into your tampered base blow up a middle gate and no clip into your shelters and steal everything :(

Associate
Played this a good while at release. I have never been one fond of Battle Royale.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the base game at release, building bases in the woods with a couple of friends, venturing out to hunt for food and generally feeling like I had to survive. It had bugs and hackers but we took that in our stride.

I've only netted 100 hours in the game but for £10 or whatever it was at the time, that's £1 per hour of entertainment.

Soldato
Yeah DayZ is awful. Even DayZ mod is still better than standalone.

You can always just buy the game on steam and give it a go, if you don't like it within the first 2 hours you play then steam lets you get a refund.

Caporegime
the difference is vast if you played this when it came out to how it is now.

there used to be many hackers now pretty rare most were banned and its a lot better.

battle royal is now more intense so is the game. as i said give it a try if you havent played it for a few months and see.

it like £10 to buy also now. dayz SA is £20 and thats £20 too much. :D

Back
Top Bottom