Denis@home team challenge: 31st Oct - 7th Nov

Soldato
OP
Gotcha, working now.

All I need to do now is work out where to put the optimised app on the mac.

Anyone have a clue?

Everything I read about it says there should be a Library>Application Support>BOINC Data>projects> folder

But mine just has Library>Application Support>BOINC

And no other folders inside that.

Maybe it's a hidden folder issue, the Boinc directory in windows is hidden, maybe it's hidden on the mac and you need to show hidden folders in the settings? just a guess.

Associate
It just let me create an account at the second attempt, they might still be suffering with load issues.

Have you tried doing it when you join the Denis project through BOINC ?

Tried IE and FF without success. Then tried to log in via BOINC Manager Communicates with server then says login failed. Anyway I went away for a bit then came back and give it another shot and it went through! :D

And I see the 12 instances of 'denis_1.05_x86_64-windows__sse41' running nicely.

At this moment I'm not seeing my name in the members list, does someone have to verify me or shall I be patient? ;)

Associate
Tried IE and FF without success. Then tried to log in via BOINC Manager Communicates with server then says login failed. Anyway I went away for a bit then came back and give it another shot and it went through! :D

And I see the 12 instances of 'denis_1.05_x86_64-windows__sse41' running nicely.

At this moment I'm not seeing my name in the members list, does someone have to verify me or shall I be patient? ;)

Your in http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/team_members.php?teamid=54&sort_by=total_credit&offset=20

PDW

PDW

Associate

If that didn't work you could have tried turning it off and on again :D

Yes, you are on the team, no results come through yet to confirm the app your running, but looking good :)

PDW

PDW

Associate

How do you know it is 12 instances of the above ?

Looking at your tasks in progress (75) none of them are running the optimised app. After copying the 2 files into the project folder did you stop and restart Boinc Manager ?

PDW

PDW

Associate
Well that's strange, they didn't show as being on an 'Anonymous platform' but, yes you are running an optimised app and have valid results now :)

Associate
How do you know it is 12 instances of the above ?

Looking at your tasks in progress (75) none of them are running the optimised app. After copying the 2 files into the project folder did you stop and restart Boinc Manager ?

I'm going by TaskMan details:
qkImm2u.png
Oh, it's not? Yes, I stopped and restarted it. Give it another stop and restart just in case.

And was I meant to place those two files in this folder?
C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\denis.usj.es_denisathome

Man of Honour
My first reaction is to second Andy's recommendation :D

Have found references to:
/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/BOINC Data/slots/

Other than that, are apples (rotten or otherwise) able to do a search for all files/folders with 'denis' in the name ?

Yes but cant find a damn thing, must be hiding it to pertekt me from meself

Soldato
OP
Does anyone here use gridcoin? Is it worth signing up for it?

You have to crunch for the Gridcoin team to get them, I'm not sure what they're worth, I know they aren't on the major exchanges, or at least they weren't.

I see Bombay added more cores

Cool, our production now is about the same as Sic's, we just need to tip the balance. Have you spoken to Ba recently? I remember you saying he was taking a break.

Associate
Hi guys:)

Ozaudio and Hanluc have sent me a few messages on this one what do I need to know?
Sorry not responded just coming off the back of a whole load of night shifts.

I have put an SR-2 my 16 core media ctr and the big rig on this hope it helps.

Soldato
OP
Hi guys:)

Ozaudio and Hanluc have sent me a few messages on this one what do I need to know?
Sorry not responded just coming off the back of a whole load of night shifts.

I have put an SR-2 my 16 core media ctr and the big rig on this hope it helps.

Change the stock applications for optimised ones, they run much quicker.
Code:
win: http://www.boincunited.org/opt_apps/denis/denis_1.05_x86_64-windows__sse41_v3.zip
Code:
linux: http://www.boincunited.org/opt_apps/denis/denis_1.05_x86_64-pc-linux-gnu__sse41_v3.tar.bz2

You probably know this but win directory is: C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\denis.usj.es_denisathome .Linux I'm not sure.

Thanks so much for helping out!

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
The clue to the Linux installation is here : http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/forum_thread.php?id=53&postid=498

Being a linux numpty I had all sorts of issues with the permissions and couldn't do the chown stuff necessary to write the files into the denis folder. But as I am using the [H]hard DC Appliance thingy fortunately that has a GUI I was able to copy stuff using nautilus. That may or may not make sense :D

Back
Top Bottom