So who have got both consoles this gen

Associate
Always preferred the MS ecosystem. I get most multiplatform console games on the Xbox and EA Access is outrageous value. Saying that Last of Us was great on PS4. Unchartered games also my fave games of last gen so can't wait for number 4. Pre ordered Lara so looking forward to that next week. Couldn't wait for PC version.

Both consoles woefully underpowered though, and have been since the start. 1080p at 60 fps is a mere pipe dream for most games.

I game mostly on PC nowadays. Who can baulk at Mad Max for £10 and it's clearly optimised for PC. GTA on PC is also stunning. With the right kit of course.

Soldato
Just a PS4. Hardly keeping up at all with the newer releases just with that plus the occassional PC game, so there's really no point me having an Xbox One as well. Still got my PS3 set-up and it gets a look in every now and again.

Soldato
I have a PS4 and a Wii U. The PS4 gets the most use but there are some awesome games on the Wii U and especially when you can buy old NES and SNES games from the Nintendo store it'll keep me occupied for ages. I still want to go through the old Castlevania games on the Wii U that'll take up a good portion of my time oh and the old Metroid games as well.

I have considered buying an Xbox One since I love the Halo series but I haven't for two reasons 1) I can't really justify the expense right now and 2) I don't have the room for it.

Associate
Got both used to use the ps4 most as most of my friends got one but now most of my friends have the one which is great as I do prefer it plus halo is fantastic as is forza 6

Caporegime
I have both. Xbox never gets used and the PS4 currently only gets used for Netflix. I got the latter primarily for Fallout 4.

Edit: Oh, I mean two out of three. I didn't think that kids console counted. ;)

Soldato
Have the XB1, PS4 and Wii U, play on them in that order mostly because I prefer the XB1 controller. Wii U gets little use just because of the lack of games but it does get the occasional gem.

Sold my gaming PC earlier this year, just became too much hassle as every new title seems broken for months and whilst 4K is pretty, it has marginal impact on my enjoyment. I miss the odd indie title but spend zero time fighting with driver issues or worrying about hardware being outdated.

Soldato
I've had all 3.

Currently only have the ps4

Got the Wii U for Mario 2d, 3d and donkey kong. Completed those and it started gathering dust so sold it.

Got the Xbox one for Forza Horizon, which I loved but finally got bored and sold that also. Actually bought the Xbox one for £200 and to my surprise it had the Kinect with it. So waited till Christmas and sold it for £260.

I'd have an Xbox one again, I'd not bother with a Wii U

Soldato
Both

However the PS4 blew up a month out of warranty, no rush to buy another as there are no exclusives that make it worth buying again until Street Fighter V or GT7 come out.

Very much enjoying the better online service and experience on a whole that XBL gives us

Given the choice again I'd have not bothered with the PS4 at all to be honest

Soldato
I have both. I rarely use my Xbox One. I just prefer the PS4. I'm keeping my Xbone as there are quite a few exclusives out soon that I want; Tomb Raider, Gears 4, Crackdown, Quantum Break. And probably a few more I've forgotten.

Soldato
Got a ps4, Wii u and a gaming PC. Use the ps4 daily for either games or movies. Wii u I never use, got it for Mario kart 8 and I'm now very much considering selling it due to the total lack of use, PC I sometimes play a game on it. Upgraded it to windows 10, thought with Xbox now built into it might have prompted me to PC game some more, found out its actually had the opposite effect. For a while my ds4 pad didn't work with windows 10 , its been fixed now but last game I tired go plwy on PC was batman arkham knight, it ran terribly, and few weeks ago tried to run project cars and windows 10 seems to have destroyed this game, it crashes way too much.

So for now consigned to a ps4. Did consider a xbone for forza , but it was passing fancy and deep down i know I'd not invest enough time into the console to justify its expense..

Soldato
Got the PS4 on the stonking Amazon deal about 6 months back. Will play all the cross plat titles on that.

Bought the XB1 new for £200 of eBay to play Forza 6 - well worth it just for the one game atleast.

Associate
Have the three consoles. Use the Xbox One daily and is my main gaming console.
My PS4 was turned on recently for the Uncharted demo but apart from some Rocket League, dont really play it.
Wii-U I havent played in months. Although I do enjoy Mario Kart.

I have toyed with the idea of selling the PS4 but decided just to keep, just in case there is something released that excites me

Soldato
I have a PS4 and a Wii U, which as a pair works well for me. Nintendo has some superb exclusives which I couldn't live without.

I have considered picking up an Xbox One, but at the current prices I'd much rather wait. There's only really the Halo and Forza franchises that would entice me to purchase. I'd pick up that Rare bundle too, but that's about it.

Once it's down to £150 I'll bite, then I've got all the console game releases covered.

Associate
Got both the PS4 and Xbox on release. The PS4 is my main console because I prefer the exclusives on it and Rocket League. The Xbox is mostly used for media playing and occasional Forza or EA Access currently.

Don
I bought the PS4 cheapish on here, I wanted something in the lounge we could use when friends over, FIFA etc. I think it's been on for about 12 hours in total and that's in 8 months. All my friends have the Xbone and I just prefer everyting about it to the PS4, not sure why really.
This is the exact same scenario I had with the 360 and PS3 AND Xbox and PS2, silly eh.

Back
Top Bottom