• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recommend quiet GTX 980 Ti?

Associate
I want to replace my 2x 780s with a single GTX 980Ti, but I'd like it to be as quiet as possible. I realise that under load they won't be silent.

I chose the Gigabyte Windforce 780s as they are quiet, and I've been pleased with those, but from what I've read the equivalent 980Ti is not particularly quiet.

Suggestions, please?

Steve

Associate
I have the MSI 980Ti and can barely hear the fans on it over my case fans.

A hybrid might be a good option but would need someone who owns one to confirm!

Associate
The palit super jetstream 980ti is basically silent
I have never heard my card at all and most reviews show it to be consistently one of the quietest normal 980ti's without going to a hybrid. Even then I think the palit would give a hybrid a good run at stick speeds.

Soldato
The palit super jetstream 980ti is basically silent
I have never heard my card at all and most reviews show it to be consistently one of the quietest normal 980ti's without going to a hybrid. Even then I think the palit would give a hybrid a good run at stick speeds.

Hmm. I bought the Palit super jetstream on the basis of its supposed quietness and performance, and I'm not that impressed.
Mine is a great performer and boosts to 1366 out of the box :eek: but it gets hot (reaches about 78-80 degrees on taxing games) and as a result the fans ramp up to 70-80 % speed. At this speed it is not quiet. At under 60% fan speed it is very quiet.

I would definitely go hybrid. I've got a corsair AIO h55 cooler I had on my 780ti and I'm going to whack it on my 980ti as soon as corsair re release a proper working n980 bracket. My 780ti never went over 57 degrees using that and I had the fan on the slowest speed. That was quiet!

Associate
Hmm. I bought the Palit super jetstream on the basis of its supposed quietness and performance, and I'm not that impressed.
Mine is a great performer and boosts to 1366 out of the box :eek: but it gets hot (reaches about 78-80 degrees on taxing games) and as a result the fans ramp up to 70-80 % speed. At this speed it is not quiet. At under 60% fan speed it is very quiet.

I would definitely go hybrid. I've got a corsair AIO h55 cooler I had on my 780ti and I'm going to whack it on my 980ti as soon as corsair re release a proper working n980 bracket. My 780ti never went over 57 degrees using that and I had the fan on the slowest speed. That was quiet!

Personally my fans have never gone above 60% in any and all games. I have never even heard any noise from my card (and i have a system running with low rpm fans in order to keep noise level very low).

Back
Top Bottom