Your crap brand lager of choice

Soldato
Lager is horrible from cans, my favourites are the big bottles of Heineken & Kingfisher, used to like stella until they started brewing it in the UK and now it's boring.

Caporegime
Cold Coors light! Nothing better, sometimes people can be so pretentious about drinks.

I agree. The amount of people on here who condescendingly tell me to stop drinking **** water and drink a proper beer is stupid. I like it, I'll drink it. I dont need you looking down your nose at me like some kind of philistine.

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR? :mad:

Associate
There are two big issues with lager in this country:

1. It is served a lot colder than it should be, perfect on a hot day when you want something refreshing but it also kills almost off any actual taste although it could be considered a good thing in many ways as hides a lot of bad flaws in the lagers made here.

2. Beer brewed under license in the UK usually taste dramatically worse then its "real" counterpart (they are even doing this with "craft" beer now e.g. Dogfish IPA here bears little relation to the real thing).

In the summer I will happily(ish) drink a lot of the UK made lagers if they are really chilled but they don't compare to the stuff you get in Germany and have a very narrow range with regard to taste (I would much prefer to drink a Helles or Marzen "lager").

Oh and to answer the original question it would probably have to be a Corona.....

Soldato
The three i cant drink are Fosters, Carlsberg and carling

If pushed fosters is ok, but for me it would be bud, or fosters gold.... or a mix of cobra / tingsato / tiskie..

Associate
The three i cant drink are Fosters, Carlsberg and carling

If pushed fosters is ok, but for me it would be bud, or fosters gold.... or a mix of cobra / tingsato / tiskie..

Cobra isn't actually a lager but rather an ale or hybrid beer, they do appear to be extremely careful on their packaging to not point this out though :p

Soldato
I've recently been going after San Miguel, but I can normally quite happily go for a bud or a fosters.

Don't know if it counts as a lager, but I really like Holsten Pils can normally get it from most off licences.

Soldato
Anything but Calsberg or Carling.

I can handle the above if they are super chilled and there is nothing left to drink. My personal preference would probably be Amstel if i was at my local pub. If i was in a Weatherspoons i would probably avoid most things on tap that i haven't already tried there as all the local Weatherspoons in my area don't bother cleaning the taps much and buy all their beer a few months before it is out of date for cheap deals, it becomes a bit of a roulette wheel.

Back
Top Bottom