Free stuff for Muslim Women?

Associate
The spouse of the person should cover any costs, as they make the choice to bring the bride over. It will save 22 million in the process, But then cameron wouldn't want to risk losing any votes in the next general election

Caporegime
OP
The point is, why are we paying this or for translators/translations for Muslims anyway? If they want to come here shouldn't they bear the cost of integration and not us?

Making the country more attractive to the less desirable immigrants is a terrible idea.

But the whole situation is just a function of the problem of picking up muslim brides from out of country anyway.

The idea is not only sexist, it is racist too against males and people of non muslim heritage who do not recieve the same level of funding.

If the problem of radicalisation is so severe we have to train these people against it should we not be considering how to stop them coming to begin with and cit the problem at source?

Caporegime
They do need targetting tbh but how is it going to work when they are hardly even allowed out of the house on their own? once they are married off they're culturally expected to stay at home being a housewife.

A female friend recently told me about a muslim customer who was trying to barter the price of an item down, there was nothing she could do about prices and he basically got angry and told her that she should be at home making babies. With that sort of mentality I'd be surprised if most Muslim husbands even allow their wives to go out and take English classes.

What ultimately needs to change is the Muslim culture of how women are seen/treated. Muslim women might not be so easily radicalised (are they anyway? :confused:) if they had any sort of control over their own lives.

Soldato
They do need targetting tbh but how is it going to work when they are hardly even allowed out of the house on their own? once they are married off they're culturally expected to stay at home being a housewife.

A female friend recently told me about a muslim customer who was trying to barter the price of an item down, there was nothing she could do about prices and he basically got angry and told her that she should be at home making babies. With that sort of mentality I'd be surprised if most Muslim husbands even allow their wives to go out and take English classes.

What ultimately needs to change is the Muslim culture of how women are seen/treated. Muslim women might not be so easily radicalised (are they anyway? :confused:) if they had any sort of control over their own lives.

Finally, someone sees it. So much stupid in the thread up to now.

This is a women's rights policy, not a muslim rights one. Despite Cameron's 'radicalisation' soundbite, the idea is to help an identified vulnerable group.

Caporegime
It's a double edged sword of course. One aspect is an attempt to liberate women. In some ways Islam is in need of it's reformation, and it's never going to happen if we don't educate.

However to only offer it to muslim women seems somewhat stupid.

It's pretty mental to offer people that you are trying to dissuade from coming hete loads of free things because tgen it becomes an incentive to come here...
What makes you think the governments goal is to dissuade people from coming here?

Associate
A female friend recently told me about a muslim customer who was trying to barter the price of an item down, there was nothing she could do about prices and he basically got angry and told her that she should be at home making babies.
What's the point of this anecdote? Muslim shopkeepers, taxi drivers or restaurateurs have to deal with racist remarks.

Irate customers say awful things regardless of race, gender or religion.

Soldato
Again,Our useless government wasting money on stuff that is of no benefit to us..the people of the country.

Cameron is an idiot,In fact our whole government is..id like to see them all gone and replaced by working men who actually have a clue what the real issues are in our country,Not stuck up snobs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Again,Our useless government wasting money on stuff that is of no benefit to us..the people of the country.

Cameron is an idiot,In fact our whole government is..id like to see them all gone and replaced by working men who actually have a clue what the real issues are in our country,Not stuck up snobs.

Normal people are too human to run a country. Too compassionate. Too real.

Soldato
Too stupid? What does the everyday normal person know about running government departments?

Nothing that they couldn't learn by doing on the job I'm sure. There isn't a degree for 'how to be a rollicking war monger' or 'how to displease people'.

Corbyn doesn't have any qualifications. Well. two E's at A-level.

Transport minister Patrick McLoughlin left school at 16 without any qualifications.

They are just the first two people I bothered Googling.

Soldato
The thing is estebanrey, it was plainly obvious he just used that as an analogy to explain his point and doesn't actually see it that way. Thus people are of the opinion you are offended just for the sake of it.

That's just how I saw it mind :)

Then please tell me the nuanced, philosophical, non-racist meaning that I'm missing from the expression "If a dog's born in a barn, it doesn't make it a horse" then.....bearing in mind it was a quote by Bernard Manning.

The expression means that no matter if you were born here, if you learn English, sing God save the Queen at every opportunity you will never really be British because you aren't a white Christian.

It is by definition an offensive saying.

Soldato
Nothing that they couldn't learn by doing on the job I'm sure. There isn't a degree for 'how to be a rollicking war monger' or 'how to displease people'.

I believe it's called PPE. :p

Corbyn doesn't have any qualifications. Well. two E's at A-level.

Transport minister Patrick McLoughlin left school at 16 without any qualifications.

John Major famously left school with three O-levels. There's no minimum educational requirements for running the country.

Soldato
Too stupid? What does the everyday normal person know about running government departments?

So what are you saying,The average working man,For example someone who works in a factory,Or in a shop..is stupid?..and is not mentally capable of anything other than what he does for his current job?..people can learn you know,Sadly our government only know one thing..make themselves richer,And make themselves look good to other country's.

Caporegime
So what are you saying,The average working man,For example someone who works in a factory,Or in a shop..is stupid?..and is not mentally capable of anything other than what he does for his current job?..people can learn you know,Sadly our government only know one thing..make themselves richer,And make themselves look good to other country's.

I'm saying most people, and I include myself in that, are not capable of running a country in the context in which you put it: "working men who actually have a clue what the real issues are in our country"; what are the real issues in our country? I don't know anywhere near enough about environments in which I am not subjected to on a daily basis, just as you don't know nearly enough about what the real issues are in my part of the country.

Edit: Do I think the current politicians are any better? Not at all; my personal preference would be to see ministers in particular have some form of expertise in the area they are minister of. This wouldn't always produce ideal results, eg a good doctor will not necessarily make a good secretary of health, but they would at least understand the profession they're in charge of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom