Ever gone out without your shoes?

Associate
Don't people do strange things?

We are having our kitchen revamped and one of the fitters asked if he could call in yesterday to take some measurements so he could buy some fittings on Monday morning. He's a guy in his mid-20's and when he arrived he had no shoes on! He came in and took the measurements and then explained that the reason he was shoeless was because he'd stayed at his girlfriends house the previous night and when he got up in the morning, it seems that the girlfriends brother had mistakenly gone to work in this lad's trainers - so he had nothing to wear. He seemed quite content to spend the day going about his business like that until he got his trainers back in the evening.

"How did you drive here?" I asked him and he just said "oh it wasn't too bad" (is that illegal?). But then he said "I did get some funny looks earlier when I was in Tesco's in my socks though!"

He cheerfully disappeared when he'd completed the measuring ... wearing his white socks, jumped in his van and drove off.

Don't you see some odd things?

Soldato
I've never tried it but I think I'd find it a bit tricky. Surely the shape of the bottom of your foot means there's a high likelihood of it slipping off the pedal?

Nope. I found the biggest issue is that it's harder to pivot around my heel to modulate the pedals (relative to when wearing shoes).

Soldato
That actually just reminded me that I had to drive barefoot once, but can't for the life of me remember why now. Did feel really weird and does make it a little harder to drive!

Associate
OP
A bloke I once worked with turned up unknowingly one day in one black shoe and one brown shoe - same style and design of shoe, just different colours. Was funny though!

Soldato
A Bloke I knew wanted to be a hippie for a day so popped on his best shagg jumper and went out with us for a meal bare foot. Trod in glass and cut his foot open. That was the end of that.

Soldato
Used to be gypsies that came into Halfords when I worked there. They never used to wear footwear.

Cant say I've ever done it. I try to match my pringles socks so they have the same feel(newer thicker vs older thinner) but can usually put up with having two lefts or two Rights.

Soldato
I was walking home, drunk, one night and decided that my shoes were superfluous, so tied the laces together and hung them round my neck.

The bloke in the kebab shop said "Do you know you've got your shoes round your neck?".

Back
Top Bottom