• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Replace 2x7950 with Fury X?

Soldato
Personally I would suggest you wait until June to see what AMD and NVIDIA release. If you don't want to wait, I still suggest you wait. :p

Even if the new cards only perform the same as the Fury X they will most likely have lower power requirements, and possibly more RAM at potentially a lower price. All wins in my book

Soldato
Personally I would suggest you wait until June to see what AMD and NVIDIA release. If you don't want to wait, I still suggest you wait. :p

Even if the new cards only perform the same as the Fury X they will most likely have lower power requirements, and possibly more RAM at potentially a lower price. All wins in my book

Plus they will have the priority for driver updates and bug fixes too!!

Associate
OP
Yeah I didn't want to wait, and anyway, theres always something new on the horizon these days!

I was doing a fresh windows install so wanted to change so it was setup as it meant to go on. In hindsight I've had issues with AMD drivers so thought I'd make the change back to Nvidia and see if I fair better!

Caporegime
Just make sure you avoid most of the recent nvidia drivers from the past 6 or so months that either have a chance of frying your card or/and corrupt your windows install :p ;)

On a side note, I would have waited and if not, after seeing benchmarks for recent games especially dx 12 ones, I would have gone with a fury instead....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom