**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Well I'm enjoying my 6p quite a lot, but i think I made a mistake in trying the N preview, i dont want to lose anything, can you root N or any other way of backing up things to go back to stock. Also is it worth sticking with N if there's a new update soon.

Soldato
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy one of these?

Members market? One is on there now for £310.

I've just bought one of these. Dropped my G4 and now wifi and Bluetooth don't work on it. I was going to wait til the HTC 10 came down in price but breaking my G4 forced my hand. Should have my new phone on Tuesday :D

Soldato
Picked up a brand new one for £280 last week on the HUKD for sale forums (silver, which is the one I wanted).

I really like the phone, I'm very well used to android phones (have had many over the past few years)...but the typical androidesk annoyances are still there. The odd 3 day lags appear, ocassional force close etc etc

My mum now has my old Nexus 5X and boy does the 6p put it to shame. You soon get used to the size (I don't think it's as clumsy as my old Nexus 6 which I hated with a passion), but the screen is simply amazing!! so long as you don't go outside when it's sunny (so thats about 2 days a year in the UK).

Google are still up and down, but more up than down these days. They have made some much needed improvements to their app offerings. Just need to re-focus on certain key areas I think and they will be pretty much perfect.

Hopefully Android 8 will meet my level of expectation, almost with 7 but they are still testing the waters with certain apps. Once they get the bugs ironed out and bring it in tighter with the ecosystem I'll have been totally won over.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I don't get any lag either, keeping the phone on for weeks.

I've had the phone reboot a couple of times (only noticed as it mentioned me needing to enter my pin due to restarting), but that's the only stability or lag issue. I suppose it can lag a bit when updating multiple apps, but I think that's the only time.

Soldato
ignore this guy. he is a class A troll.

check his oculus rift post. he thinks it's not a real item :rolleyes:. check his above post. he got brand new one for £280. yeah ok :rolleyes: do not feed his sad little life :)

I should have perhaps said "as new", not "brand new", although it's absolute pristine :D

only you could take a generally positive thread and turn it into something it isn't (although class A is quite an achievement)

Like I said, I'm a big android/nexus fan so I don't see what the issue is

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh you just kinda threw me with 'Android 8' not 'Android 8.0', which is my bad. Although, it doesn't really work like that, a new version every year. Well, it does, but they aren't always a new number. It could be 7.1 for example. It would be Android O though.

ah no worries

I have to say, all things considered, nexus 6p is the best phone I've owned (and man I've had a lot of phones) :D

Back
Top Bottom