Where To Play - North London

Soldato
I have around 6 friends in all that enjoy a decent board game, but we all seem to work different shifts, or have different commitments and I find it hard to get enough of us together to play.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for places to go to join others perhaps? Where they meet? The timings etc.

Soldato
Visit boardgamegeek.com and check out their forums. There's a section dedicated to gaming groups in England, you should be able to find something there. A quick browse found people trying to set up a group in Walthamstow.

Soldato
OP
I was at Leisure Games the other week, more or less Finchley Central.
They might be able to help, certainly had games to try and loads on their shelves.

Yeah, I've been in there before, bought a game or two from them (and they had a stall at the Expo last weekend, which I didn't expect) but they have just the one small table I think. I've seen people playing on it, but don't get the impression you can wonder in and play.

I realise you're saying they might know where, rather than to play there, so will perhaps head down and chat at some point.

Whereabouts in North London do you live?

Barnet. You can't get much further North and still be in London.

Visit boardgamegeek.com and check out their forums. There's a section dedicated to gaming groups in England, you should be able to find something there. A quick browse found people trying to set up a group in Walthamstow.

Ah okay. I do use their site to log games :) I'll take a look about their forums at some point.

Me and my brother think this could be a winner actually. He works in Putney and we could meet here after work on a week day.

I see you have to book. Is it free? And how long can you book? Like 7pm to 11pm?

I did e-mail them a question or two this morning, but no reply... :(

Back
Top Bottom