Union Flag "in distress"

Soldato
i dont get it. fly the american flag upside down then it its a signal of distress. fly the union jack upside down it insults the queen. why so different?

Soldato
i dont get it. fly the american flag upside down then it its a signal of distress. fly the union jack upside down it insults the queen. why so different?

I'm 100% sure the Queen couldn't give a monkey's. Having said that if the household cavalry turn up you know I'm wrong, and I will eat my Royal Dalton, Charles and Diana commemorative tea set as penance..

Soldato
Top tip for remembering which way up it should be: the diagonal red bits are "heavy on the flag pole side". (i.e. the pole would be on the left in the image a few posts up.)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OlfpWpZ_zps7zutuqid.png~original

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

A neighbour in the village is flying the Union Flag upside down. How do you respond in these situations?

Is it a sufficiently urgent indication of distress to warrant a 999 call or just 101?

Do I take the sign of distress as a call to arms, arm up with my favourite keyboard, and prepare to do battle?

Or are they simply ignorant and do they deserve to be hanged for the treasonous crime of Lèse-majesté?

Option C:- Don't give a ****. Who actually cares?

Permabanned
That'd entail having to have the slightly awkward conversation where you explain they're doing it wrong. Not very British.

It's not racist to fly one... that label applies to the St George's Cross, in this country :p.

Is this issue with flying the St.George's cross set in statute, bye laws or what? There are plenty of households flying the St.George's cross in these parts.... The most visible is outside a very nice country bungalow owned by what appear to be Pakistanis or Bangladeshis, a family of doctors, or so I am told.

Back
Top Bottom