• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Beta 14 Download

Soldato
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-msi-afterburner-4-3-beta-14.html

This is the new public BETA release of MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 (Beta 14).
Over the past few weeks we have made tremendous effort to get a lot of features enabled for this now DirectX 12 compatible build.
All recently released graphics cards are supported.

This entails the entire Nvidia GeForce GTX Series 10 including Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) and for AMD the Radeon RX series 480, 470 and 460.
Not just that, we have also updated RTSS, our statistics server that enables the overlay with MSI AfterBurner,
yes we now offer DirectX 12 overlay support (albeit this build again is in BETA stages and should be treated as such).

Last edited:
Permabanned
Tried with Battlederp 1 beta and the overlays now work with DX12 enabled, however performance with DX12 is dire that it's best to have it turned off anyway.

So in short AB beta works, BF1 DX12 doesn't.

INB4 it's a beta!

Soldato
Performance is excellent on my system with DX12 :D Am keeping always above 60fps @1440p with Ultra/high
On DX11 I drop below 60fps quite abit.

AMD has Async Compute Working also, been told by friends running Nvidia Async Compute don't show up at top of the screen.
ScreenshotWin32_Final_002.png

ScreenshotWin32_Final_004.png

Soldato
Nice that they have a DX12 overlay working. Precision XOC has had one for a while, but it only works if you own an EVGA card.

Soldato
No chance of running this just for OSD and running TriXX for overclocking.. my voltage gets put up to +200 without me even touching it.

Is there a way to just use Afterburner solely for OSD, always used it for OC/OSD in the past and never had to look into running it only for OSD before.

Soldato
No chance of running this just for OSD and running TriXX for overclocking.. my voltage gets put up to +200 without me even touching it.

Is there a way to just use Afterburner solely for OSD, always used it for OC/OSD in the past and never had to look into running it only for OSD before.
If you just want an OSD, you can just use RTSS in combination with HWiNFO64. It's a little fiddly to set up, but it works just as well as having Afterburner provide them and has the benefit of being able to display a lot more information if you desire it. You just start the sensor portion of HWiNFO64, click the settings icon and select the RTSS tab. From there it's not much different to Afterburner's interface, although you have to manually pick which line of the OSD things are on and such. I was using that combo with TriXX when I had a Fury.

Soldato
If you just want an OSD, you can just use RTSS in combination with HWiNFO64. It's a little fiddly to set up, but it works just as well as having Afterburner provide them and has the benefit of being able to display a lot more information if you desire it. You just start the sensor portion of HWiNFO64, click the settings icon and select the RTSS tab. From there it's not much different to Afterburner's interface, although you have to manually pick which line of the OSD things are on and such. I was using that combo with TriXX when I had a Fury.

Gona stick with just Afterburner for now, disabled TriXX from start up.

cant get any gpu temps with this on my sapphire nitro rx480?:confused:

Bah, guess i won't bother installing it then. Only reason i was going to update was i can't get GPU temps on the old beta with my 470 Nitro.

Got temps OSD working here on RX480, make sure you click the correct rendering mode in RTSS for the game your playing, should be fine.

DX12 BF1 working well too.

Permabanned
Worth Noting

Hi, I'm running a Fury pro and a 4790k @ 4.5 on Win 10 pro.

I stopped using Afterburner some time ago because the older versions made my card which I run at it's out of the box stock clocks (It's a Sapphire Tri-x overclocked edition) run 3-4 degrees hotter with AB on even though it should be changing nothing. I'll test some more titles today but yesterday I noticed that turning it on so I could use the fps counter resulted in the usual steady clock of 1040 fluctuating as far as the low 800's, I'll test some more games later today in case it's an isolated game issue and update this.

Back
Top Bottom