***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Associate
Looking at upgrading my setup soon, getting quite old and i'm tired of my mods power button not working and no longer holding charge.

Not quite sure what to get as there is so much more choice out there now to when I first bought this. Been looking at the uwell crown v2 but seen such mixed reviews?

Can anyone recommend a tank and mod, looking for something simple just a basic sub ohm build perhaps with TC this time and removal able batteries

Soldato
RX200 is a fantastic bit of kit, but takes 3 batteries and is a bit chunky

The wife has an Eleaf Pico and it's been great so far. One battery, small enough to carry around, goes up to 75w and can do temp control.

Tank wise, the only one I've stuck with out of the 7 I have is the Avocado 24. The others all have issues, usually leaking or wicking problems. The Avocado is an RTA and aimed at direct lung hitters though, so if you're after something that takes premade coils and is more mouth to lung I'd look elsewhere

Don
OP
Compared to the iStick 50W it's about double the weight and at least double the volume.
I have 3 RX models (RX200, RX200S, and the DNA200 version) and none of them leave the house. They are just too bulky.

Menthis, if you want a good sized, very configurable mod then go for the Joyetech VTC Mini or vTwo Mini. Both are excellent mods, go up to 75W and can do TC with a variety of wires. Get a good quality 18650 battery and you're good to go. If you would prefer a device with a built-in battery then have a look at the Cuboid Mini by the same company.

For a tank, the Crown 2 is a decent one for direct lung if that's your thing. Not good for mouth-to-lung though if you vape that way. If I were after a tank for direct lung that took pre-built coils then the Crown 2 would probably be the one I would get at the moment.

The Atlantis EVO is worth a look too. I have two of them and really rate them for flavour. Very small capacity though.

Associate
Rilot thank you very much. I think ill go for the joytech cuboid 150 TC and a uwell crown 2.

What batteries do people recommend? See a lot of EFEST
And chager only needs to do the 2 batteries at once.

Soldato
Rilot thank you very much. I think ill go for the joytech cuboid 150 TC and a uwell crown 2.

What batteries do people recommend? See a lot of EFEST
And chager only needs to do the 2 batteries at once.

I've got Samsung 30Q's in my Cuboid - works a treat and they last ages.

Whatever you do for a charger, don't get the 500mah ones, they take forever to charge a flat battery, I've had to buy another one that does 1A charging just so I'm forever waiting for batteries to charge up.

Associate
Been using my old Lemo 2 on the Pico with a .6 ohm SS Clapton and think I have settled on single TC coils but I broke the Lemo so ordered a Wotofo Serpent (not the mini).
Next thing I want is the COV Wraith so I can retire my Cleito and kbox 120 as it is a bit too airy now after the Lemo experience. Forgot how nice the Lemo was!! The Wraith will be a single coil setup once I get round to buying it. Fingers crossed the Serpent does me well!! Also ordered cookie dough cheese cake, pancake boy, key lime pie and razzleberry 100ml bottles from Vapegoo. Should last a while lol :D

Soldato
Decided to get back on the vape wagon. I had a crappy little aspire k1 I was using last time. Was all good until it broke. Then whilst I was waiting for my new kit to arrive I craved a ciggy too much and the vape went back :(

I've tried to read this thread but I'm so lost haha. I have a few different things I'm looking at but not sure what would be best. I used to smoke Jax vanilla custard and that was pretty much the only thing it was great not sure if he is still about.

Can someone suggest a kit? From what I've read the smok alien kit, eleaf pico, joy tech black Cupid, nautilus X & mini all seem to crop up a fair bit. What would be best to go for?

I know for a fact I'll become a bit of a cloud chaser but I will never bother to build my own coils etc. Appreciate any help guys. :)

Don
OP
I'll give you the same advice as I gave on the preious page to another user:

Rilot said:
if you want a good sized, very configurable mod then go for the Joyetech VTC Mini or vTwo Mini. Both are excellent mods, go up to 75W and can do TC with a variety of wires. Get a good quality 18650 battery and you're good to go. If you would prefer a device with a built-in battery then have a look at the Cuboid Mini by the same company.

For a tank, the Crown 2 is a decent one for direct lung if that's your thing. Not good for mouth-to-lung though if you vape that way. If I were after a tank for direct lung that took pre-built coils then the Crown 2 would probably be the one I would get at the moment.

The Atlantis EVO is worth a look too. I have two of them and really rate them for flavour. Very small capacity though.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I have mixed feelings about the Crown 2 tank. On the one hand, it vapes really well. Good flavour, no spitting and, with the 0.5 ohm coil at 32 watts with the air half open/closed, makes a great vape for the pub where I don't want to annoy my fellow drinkers with clouds of vapour. On the other hand, it's pig ugly. Far too tall and lumpy. Every time I look at it, I think of Isembard Kingdom Brunel wearing a stovepipe hat. Needs to be shorter or wider.

In other news, I went into the only decent vape shop in my town for a bit of a look with the possibility of buying a mod. Had a look at the Sigelei 213 in gold and really like it. They didn't take cards and I didn't have enough cash on me so will probably be going back today. Expect pictures later.
Sadly, the aforementioned shop will be moving at the end of the month - only 4 stops away on the metro but far enough to be inconvenient :(

Underboss

I took this advice from you a while ago, the Joytech eVTC Mini is probably one of the best mods I've owned, it's taken a pounding and still works perfectly.

Got a genuine version from fastech and it was well worth the price I paid.

Solid advice for anyone wanting a cheap but sturdy and reliable device.

Soldato

Yeah i saw that, just wondered on others opinions but it seems like the best choice for buck.

So im going for the VTC mini and a crown tank, I've seen about that the samsung 30q are good batteries, any decent charge youd recommend?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Yeah i saw that, just wondered on others opinions but it seems like the best choice for buck.

So im going for the VTC mini and a crown tank, I've seen about that the samsung 30q are good batteries, any decent charge youd recommend?

Xtar VC2 Plus Master or the VC4. It needs a 2A USB charger in order to charge at the max rate (1A) though so any good mobile phone one will work.

I personally use the Opus BT-C3100 but it's not the cheapest.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
My RX200 turned up, best place to buy batteries? Don't want to end up with any fakes. Any recommendations on what ones too?

Ecolux on eBay. If you're running higher wattages, you want something like the Sony VTC4/5. Lower wattages, as above; Samsung 30Q or LG HG2.

Soldato
+1 for the vtc mini I still use mine now, the smok alien kit looks interesting though, the smok rdta are generally good the atomisers are a bit more expensive than others.
You are much better off building you're own the hardest bit is getting the wicking right.

Back
Top Bottom