*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I was contemplating getting a note 7 but if the fixed phones are still exploding then I won't be going anywhere near them. A great shame but perhaps this will help to improve quality for all manufacturers.

Soldato
Soldato
I'd like to know how many phones burst into flames in 2015 for example. I'm sure this is nothing new, is it just now obviously any time a Note 7 does it, it's in the news.

Or am I wrong and it never happens, so 4 times is still a lot?

Soldato
I'd like to know how many phones burst into flames in 2015 for example. I'm sure this is nothing new, is it just now obviously any time a Note 7 does it, it's in the news.

Or am I wrong and it never happens, so 4 times is still a lot?

Samsung have admitted there is a design flaw hence the recall and why each fire is news. No one is out to get Samsung - this whole shambles is down to them and they deserve everything the get. It's not like they don't make the batteries themselves!

Other phones catching fire are generally down to damage or dodgy chargers.

Soldato
Samsung have admitted there is a design flaw hence the recall and why each fire is news. No one is out to get Samsung - this whole shambles is down to them and they deserve everything the get. It's not like they don't make the batteries themselves!

Other phones catching fire are generally down to damage or dodgy chargers.

They deserve everything they get.... Not really.. I take it you don't like Samsung

Don
It won't do much to damage Samsung in the short-term. The long-term effect is hard to predict. It's hard to shake a perception that develops because of a fault. I can see people now "Look at my new Note 8"..... "Oh, those catch fire don't they?". It will stick with them for years I expect.

Soldato
It won't do much to damage Samsung in the short-term. The long-term effect is hard to predict. It's hard to shake a perception that develops because of a fault. I can see people now "Look at my new Note 8"..... "Oh, those catch fire don't they?". It will stick with them for years I expect.

Which funnily enough will probably be the least likely phone to explode if they properly investigate the Note 7 issue. Nothing like a big screw up to get everyone back on their toes.

Back
Top Bottom