• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What Prep - Moving from AMD GPU Z68 based system to Nvidia

Associate
Ok, so my aged but still relevant Z68 rig ( see Sig) is moving from the red team (AMD) to a spanking new EVGA 1070.;)

Now, I have heard a few horror stories about left behind remnants of driver code, so my question is,..what preparation work should I do ahead of the AMD GPU removal and the Nvidia 1070 install?

Is safe boot and driver removal tool ( DDU I think I have) enough or is it necessary to complete something else?

Thanks in advance.:cool:

Associate
Honestly dude, it'll probably be fine based on recent (ish) experience. Swap cards, uninstall AMD drivers, run DDU, install new driers. If there are issues you may have to problem shoot, but you've done all the preparation needed.

Associate
Recently went from an old 6950 to a 1070. I didn't even do the DDU thing, just uninstalled AMD drivers and stuff, swapped cards and got the latest nvidia drivers.

No problems at all. (Yet? :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom