force feedback wheel and pedals for cheap

Soldato
hey guys a long time ago i had awesome fun playing racing games on the old microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel and peddles.

unfortunatly that wheel is the gameport version so it has been sitting there unused all these years and im looking for something to replace it with as im fed up with using a controller on the many driving games i have.

how does the thrustmaster t150 compare to that wheel? thats kinda in the ball park for the money i wanna spend :)

is it a good buy? i have a ps3 and 4 as well but the wheel would mainly be on pc.

edit:

just want to know if its worse than the old sidewinder or better? or the same? or is there any thing else for the same money thats better? , im not serious about driving games i just loved the force feedback and pedals for the fun factor on colin mcrae rally 1 lol

would a t150 suit my needs for a similar experience on dirt rally and project cars?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ended up buying one of the t150 wheels, works awesome on all my racing games, so much fun :)

had the settings nailed down on friday morning then went out on my push bike and sprained my ankle on black ice lol

not been able to use it and the pedals till last night :)

oh if any one is trying grid auto sport you have to click the combined option for the pedals (or it wont work and menus will keep scrolling down) but that will screw up dirt rally and any other games so be sure to change it back lol :)

edit: i can answer my own question for any one in the same position, the t150 wheel beats the old ms sidewinder with a large stick then comes back to hit it some more, just gets a motor smell coming from it but it does have a fan coming from it while the ms one doesn't , similar to the smell id get if i thrashed a rc electric brushed motor about and i hear that is common on the t-300 as well :)

much more quiet than the old ms one as well and smoother i think the ms one had the edge on when your losing traction but the t 150 beats it in every other way :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the T150 and use it with Euro Truck Simulator, I love it and can't believe how good they are, my other experience with a wheel was Sega Rally on the Saturn but that didn't have pedals.

Associate
I'm also looking at racing wheels because of nostalgia. But for some reason I'm leaning more towards the g29. If I take the plunge, I'll let you know how it goes!

bru

bru

Soldato
Just a suggestion but you could try a cheap older sound card that still has a gameport, it could be a nice cheap £20 fix, that allows you to use the Microsoft sidewinder wheel.

Soldato
OP
it was 99 quid in the same place i paid 140 for it when black friday hit lol

still not used it properly because of ankle but i should be able to now yay :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just a suggestion but you could try a cheap older sound card that still has a gameport, it could be a nice cheap £20 fix, that allows you to use the Microsoft sidewinder wheel.

i actually looked up that sort of stuff, nah out of luck, xp was the borderline for it and vista win7 win 10 etc do not have any support for serial connectors, i was looking up adapters for serial/gameport to usb etc you can get it to work a bit but no feedback.

Back
Top Bottom