Ethernet Doesn't Have A Valid IP Configuration

Associate
My ethernet says Unidentified Network, and when I diagnose it says Ethernet Doesn't Have A Valid IP Configuration. Can anybody please help? Without this I can't connect to the net and I'm at my wits end....

This all worked as of yesterday (new upgrade) but died. I've tried restarting the router, changing drivers, even a system restore to yesterday.

Last edited:
Associate
What is the new upgrade outa curiosity? I ask because I had a similar problem on my nas when I switched from bt to sky- they use different ip addresses so bt was say 192.168.1.1 where as sky uses 192.168.0.1 for example - if your pc is on one address type and the router uses a different one you cant access the internet because you wont get a valid address, my freenas nas didnt auto update to the new ip address which threw me off for a day or two because the rest of my pcs could connected lol

Associate
OP
Hey guys thank you for responding. The network kit is a Virgin Home Hub 3 running via powerline adapter, and the H/W upgrade is a GA-Z170 MX Gaming 5/6600K/16GB DDR4-3000 in a Corsair 350D. It appears to be working now, but I'll check it's stayed alive when I get home.

Possibly the problem was the Killer E2200 software. After uninstalling their optimisation tool I found some bare drivers for the chip and finally got assigned a network address.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom