Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved VA 100HZ Freesync

FTL

FTL

Associate
Well it seems like this guys prefers the microboard over the samsung 34"....

I watched some bits of the video but don't quite understand why he comes to that conclusion except he got a properly working Microboard vs the bad luck of getting a problem with the Samsung. The other argument I saw was that the Microboard can do things like 144Hz at 1080p etc which is somehow better than the Samsung despite the fact the screen is clearly frame-skipping all of those extra frames over about 105Hz which makes the ability to do this utterly pointless.

Soldato
Doesn't the Microboard use a Samsung panel?? I just skipped through that vid, but he seems to get awfully hung up on a few hz of overclocking ability that the Samsung lacks. Most people won't be bothered by that. If it does 100hz, that's good in itself. Seems the Microboard does more but not without frame skipping based on what he said, so that's useless anyway lol! Also, although he seems US based, I'm guessing you can't get the Microboard in the UK without importing and the issues that could create with warranty, returns etc?

Caporegime
OP
Yeah some of his reasoning was a bit stupid and he is awfully hung up over the extra 5HZ lol, other main points were:

- price, samsung wasn't worth it in his opinion (which I would agree with tbh)
- colours (although not sure if he calibrated the samsung one or not, pretty sure he said he had a calibrator in his asus 34 VS microboard 34" video though...)

And yeah warranty, customer service etc. is the only real downside with microboard, if I could get one through the rain forest for £600 or less, I would jump at that. Seems like most people are getting good ones though i.e. no dead pixels, uniformity or bleed issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom