Car Hire Edinburugh

Soldato
Thought I'd turn to you guys as you probably know more about rentals than I.

Mum is off to Edinburgh End of next month and is in need of a car, dates are 27th feb -1st mar. The car needs to fit 4 adults really and thats all the requirements. How much should she expect to pay? Who is best to book with? Any tips for booking?

Appreciate any help guys :)

Soldato
Expect to pay up to around £35 per day for a focus sized car - probably worth insuring the excess too.

I'd expect any of the big companies to be much of a muchness tbh, certainly enterprise, Avis, budget and Hertz I've all found to be broadly similar - though hiring through corporate accounts is usually easier

Caporegime
I just got an Astra from Thrifty at Edinburgh Airport, 10 days for £240. Not too bad.

Just have a look around, Arnold Clark and Thrifty were the cheapest quotes I could find.

Associate
How is she getting to Edinburgh? Assuming flying/train? If so, is there a specific reason why she is looking to hire a car? The bus service in Edinburgh is very good.

Edinburgh can be a nightmare to drive through, more so nearer the city centre due to ridiculous 1 way roads.

Soldato
OP
How is she getting to Edinburgh? Assuming flying/train? If so, is there a specific reason why she is looking to hire a car? The bus service in Edinburgh is very good.

Edinburgh can be a nightmare to drive through, more so nearer the city centre due to ridiculous 1 way roads.

Flying to edinburgh. The car is mainly for exploring, brother is coming over from Australia and his wife has never been to the UK so she wants to see castles etc so they are after the car to explore outside of Edinburgh.

Back
Top Bottom