ML10 GEN9 Media Server Advice

Associate
Hi All,

As stated looking for some advice on the ML10 Gen9.

With the cashback offer being extended to the end of Feb I was looking at getting one to set up as a media server, probably running windows 10 so the over half can still use it as a basic desktop when required.

As I understand it, the ML10 only has display port outputs and no sound? Is the simplest way around this to add a graphics card to provide an HDMI output with sound? Maybe a bit of a noob questions but will this work out of the box or will I need to get the system up and running first before adding the graphics card?

Any other advice or pitfalls I should be watch out for, all advise is welcome.
Thanks

Associate
Are you keeping the box on all the time and do you want a media server or a media client.... or a bit of both? Maybe someone else can confirm on the G9, but the post times on the G7 and G8 ML's were really long.

Associate
post times on the ml10 g9 are very short, much like a desktop computer. I have just started to configure one at work, there's a few hoops to jump through to get windows server 2012 on it and the raid configured. Theres no ILO but intel AMT, which seems ok, had some teething with it. As far as I am aware the onboard ports are only supported on the xeon platform and not the pentium config.

Back
Top Bottom