• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Superposition Benchmark.

Caporegime
Hi Kaap,

I don't know if this counts for an entry, if not i can rerun. I used 1080P Extreme preset and recorded it using Relive at the same time.

There is no MGPU support for CrossFire in this title and i don't think any is planned, so i used 1x1 Optimize which appears to be offer almost perfect scaling.

I will rerun again for a proper entry as per the OP requirements regarding Custom.

M4oiVPj.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Hi Kaap,

I don't know if this counts for an entry, if not i can rerun. I used 1080P Extreme preset and recorded it using Relive at the same time.

There is no MGPU support for CrossFire in this title and i don't think any is planned, so i used 1x1 Optimize which appears to be offer almost perfect scaling.

I will rerun again for a proper entry as per the OP requirements regarding Custom.

If you can re run please.

Associate
actually starting to feel better in referance to my 2016 titan given scoreboard. Was close to ebaying and purchasing 2017 but sanity prevailed :)

Associate
Anyone else having trouble running the VR ready benchmark? It just goes to a black screen for a second then bombs out back to the main menu.

Soldato
I dropped back to older NVidia drivers and ran some more benchmarks, at stock levels on a 1080FE the older drivers scores better and is stable at higher overclocks but the newer driver scores higher, but less stable at same overclocks, interesting indeed.

Will upgrade again and run some more tests.

Caporegime
I dropped back to older NVidia drivers and ran some more benchmarks, at stock levels on a 1080FE the older drivers scores better and is stable at higher overclocks but the newer driver scores higher, but less stable at same overclocks, interesting indeed.

Will upgrade again and run some more tests.

Are you not finding the FX-8350 a bottleneck to the 1080?

Associate
Eventually managed to break 6200 !!!

EVGA 1080ti @2025/6066
[email protected]

Going to play with older drivers.

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_6210_1492079317.png

Soldato
The 1070 looks faster on paper, in reality its not, the thing with the 1070 is it boosts out of the box between 1800Mhz and 1900Mhz, some even a little higher than that, mine starts at 1911Mhz, but after a few minutes once its warmed up it drops to about 1870Mhz, when its already running at those sorts of speeds out of the box there isn't a lot of room left for overcooking, the average being about 2050Mhz, its 200Mhz above out of box boost clocks, its 10%.

Thats the average real overclock, the 980TI often gets 30% above its reference clocks, so while in reviews the GTX 1070 looks 10 to 15% faster than the 980TI in reality they are about even if not a slight win overall to the 980TI.

Interesting to know!

Back
Top Bottom