USA Green Card Lottery

Soldato
I have a UK degree in Law and 7+ years senior management experience in hospitality. Not sure if thats any good to the US but iv just spent some time on the Canadian website and seems my degree, experience, english speaking and financial worth is enough to qualify to join their pool as a Skilled Immigrant via Express Entry.

In order to be a lawyer in the USA, you'd need to do some sort of conversion or bridging legal training course to learn the US legal system before you could take any state law bar exams. It's debatable as to what visa you could get with your "senior management experience in hospitality" if it wasn't an inter-company transferee visa. I imagine that you would already be looking into that if it was an available option. As someone who frequents the British Expats forums and sees many people in your shoes trying to move to the USA on a hope and a prayer, I think that your best option is to try to get into Canada instead, as you've said. Canada has a similar feel to USA, is more welcoming to immigrants, (a lot) more liberal (which you may or may not like), and in some parts, (even) prettier. :)

Caporegime
In order to be a lawyer in the USA, you'd need to do some sort of conversion or bridging legal training course to learn the US legal system before you could take any state law bar exams.

he might as well go get a JD over in the states - at least if you go to a US university you're able to stick around for up to a year (IIRC) in order to find a job once you graduate

Back
Top Bottom