Corsair K70 - Keys Stuck?

Associate
Hi

I've had a Corsair K70 for a few years now, and its been great up until now. Out of nowhere my windows started flickering, going full screen, print screen utility popping up and everything.

I eventually realised it was the keyboard which appears to be nonstop sending inputs to the PC, I've checked that no keys are stuck down and even removed several keys to check the switch isn't down. I can see that the scroll lock light is flickering non-stop. Tried flipping the keyboard tapping it, unplugging/reconnecting it etc, but I've had no luck resolving the issue myself. I even tried connecting it to my work laptop but got the same issue on that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this issue? Or is it a case of trying to get a replacement (if so would it be OCUK or Corsair I contact)?

I'm not entirely certain if they keyboard would still be covered as it was back in 2014 when I purchased it. Basically just need to try and sort it quickly for the weekends gaming hehe, I've resorted to using an old Logitech G510 which doesn't feel good after been so used to the K70.

Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Well I've no idea how but the keyboard is working again, I'd unplugged it and used that older one all day and right before clicking confirm to purchase a new one I thought I'd give it one last try and it worked :)

Associate
The exact same thing just happened to me today. All of my functions including print screen through pause break suddenly stopped working with random phantom key inputs. Let me know if you ever figure out what you did to fix it.

Soldato
Mines doing the same, seems like a common fault.
Have given it a good clean up and will keep an eye on it, but have bought a cheaper Chinese sourced mechanical 10key less to try.

Associate
It seems to be a rogue keyboard driver problem for me. I uninstalled a few of the duplicates and all is well for now. Couldn't tell you which ones as I was originally going to uninstall them all, but stopped halfway through as my problem stopped occurring. Good luck with yours.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I wasn't able to track down the cause, or what fixed it for me. I literally just left it sitting there unplugged for a few hours, then plugged it back in (same USB ports) without changing anything and it worked. Sorry I can't be much help :(

Associate
Had this on my original K70, fixed it by taking off the keycaps and giving a good blast of air around each of the switches.

Back
Top Bottom