Camel Up - Amazing Fun

Soldato
Whenever I've seen the box for this I assumed it was called "Camel Cup".

It was ambiguous for a long time because the game's name was only printed anywhere on the box or rules as the logo. The expansion confused matters further by being called Supercup, but the rules referred to the base game as "Camel Up" and that was that.

Soldato
Recently found out my new boss is a board game geek and asked him if he had Camel Up and he was shocked I knew about it as he doesn't know many people that play board games. Anyway it was a game I was thinking of getting for myself and the wife and he lent me his copy. Wifey and me had our first game last night. It was so much fun. Can't wait to play it again. I will be getting our own copy on payday :)

Soldato
Recently found out my new boss is a board game geek and asked him if he had Camel Up and he was shocked I knew about it as he doesn't know many people that play board games. Anyway it was a game I was thinking of getting for myself and the wife and he lent me his copy. Wifey and me had our first game last night. It was so much fun. Can't wait to play it again. I will be getting our own copy on payday :)

It's much more fun with 6 or more players.

Soldato
I'm looking to try and get a monthly games night going among the couples of our acquaintance, this might be a starter if I can get it going.

(as well as a game of Exploding Kittens).

This is what inspired me to try and start the games night. Played it over a New Years party with a load of friends/partners and we had a great laugh playing it. I love the game.

Soldato
Camel Up is good fun, and easy to teach, so you can just do a quick dummy round and people should have the gist of it after that.

I'm looking at getting Isle of Skye next, it's around £25 so not bad, and seems to be well regarded in reviews.

Soldato
I recommend the expansion. It makes the track a little bigger and adds a couple more betting options (which is handy when you have a a fair few players).

The most important additions in Supercup are the supplemental dice and the partnerships. You can return a pyramid tile to add a second weaker die for one camel to the pyramid, with the exception that you can't add a die that has already been rolled and you can't add a die for the leader. Partnerships allow you to piggyback on one of another player's winning bets, but they also get to claim the rewards for one of yours.

If you can find it, it can be worth getting the Referee Camel. It's a mini-expansion that contains just a black camel that can be placed as you would an Oasis/Mirage tile or the camera. If a stack of camels lands on that space, it is unstacked (and arranged so the order doesn't change). After that the camels move individually. It makes a huge change to the strategy as suddenly any camel in a stack can become the leader.

Back
Top Bottom