Survey for Dog Owners

Caporegime
Done, won't be much use to them as it sounds like they are testing the waters to see how in demand a mobile dog grooming service would be.

Our lab doesn't ever need a groomer.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think an important question missing is "Are you using a dog groomer and are you happy with their service?"

For me we always use the same dog groomers and are very happy. I imagine many others are the same.

Associate
Done, our beagle cross is pretty much self cleaning, trim the dew claws every 6 months and a quick brush during shedding season and we good to go. I assume that your friend is starting a mobile groomer going by the survey, they either need to offer something that the competition doesn't or be significantly cheaper. I think these things are a bit like a barbers and hairdresser, you don't normally change who you go to unless something is wrong or the prices go up too much.

Soldato
they either need to offer something that the competition doesn't or be significantly cheaper.

No, they just need to be really good at it and wait for their reputation to grow. Keeping your prices low only harms yourself and in time the dog grooming industry as a whole as everyone else will lower their prices to compete and before you know it everyone is working for free.

Soldato
Survey somewhat loaded questions with limited options.
We choose based on whoever does the best job and whomever the dog actually likes visiting.

Our Collie is self cleaning, we've never needed to have him groomed or wash him. The joys of having a proper dog! ;)
Our Border Collie still needs it. Despite regular brushing and use of Coat Kings, etc, she benefits best from hand-flocking/stripping and the groomers are better at that.

Nothing worse than a dog that smells of dog.
Your dog clearly isn't cut out for Special Forces terrorist-hunting tactical combat operations then.... at least I *assume* that's what ours is doing when streaks her face with fox poo every time she passes it - We're not into Airsoft and she knows she'll always get fed, so no need to cam up and hunt for prey. The only remaining possibility is that she's training for Selection... or perhaps a film with Michael Dudikoff - Codename: Princess Pooface!! :D

Soldato
Your dog clearly isn't cut out for Special Forces terrorist-hunting tactical combat operations then.... at least I *assume* that's what ours is doing when streaks her face with fox poo every time she passes it - We're not into Airsoft and she knows she'll always get fed, so no need to cam up and hunt for prey. The only remaining possibility is that she's training for Selection... or perhaps a film with Michael Dudikoff - Codename: Princess Pooface!! :D

You are correct, all my dog is good for is lounging around the house like he owns the damn place and looking like an adorable ball of fluff, however he has rolled in fox poo before, wasnt pleasant as we was away in the caravan and didnt realize until he had jumped onto the seats. Got some strange looks washing him in the camp site sink.

Soldato
Got some strange looks washing him in the camp site sink.
Last time we went to the Lakes, ours came speeding up to us, nose-dove into a skid and (intentionally) went sliding right through one of the biggest cow craps you've ever seen. Of course, we told her off and that only made her rub up against SWMBO, all apologetic like!! :D

Man of Honour
I don't have a dog, seems little point in asking if you have a dog and then no subsequent questions, just remove question 1?

Back
Top Bottom