Heated steering wheels - how important in UK?

Caporegime
OP
I'd love a heated wheel, and hate a panoramic roof so it's an easy decision for me.

May I ask what would bring someone to 'hate' a panoramic roof? At the very worst you just close the cover, then it's just a roof.

Anyway a big part of why I want a heated wheel is probably expectations of the market when I come to sell it.

Soldato
I guess the way I'd look at is if you had the car for say, 2 years, would spending that £770 extra (£150 + £310x2) make you better off enough to justify that outlay?

Caporegime
OP
Hang on...looking at the config, my spec is £40,985 recommended OTR but only £39,840 RRP!!! So which one counts for VED purposes? If RRP, then all is fine!

oJwTcd1.jpg

Caporegime
Doesn't the list price include otr charges?

As far as I can tell, no. Given the OTR price includes year-1 VED and registration fee. It would hardly be sporting to use the increased VED rate to push you INTO said VED rate.

I'm willing to be proved wrong, but I'd have thought that registration and VED would be akin to dealer-fit options which are not part of the list price used for VED.

Caporegime
OP
As far as I can tell, no. Given the OTR price includes year-1 VED and registration fee. It would hardly be sporting to use the increased VED rate to push you INTO said VED rate.

I'm willing to be proved wrong, but I'd have thought that registration and VED would be akin to dealer-fit options which are not part of the list price used for VED.
Just called Drive the Deal to check...the above is correct. OTR charges need to be deducted when assessing VED bracket.

However - and this is a good one - if the list price of the car increases such that you exceed the £40k threshold after ordering but before delivery, then you'll be in the higher tax band! They said they'd had customers ordering a car for £39,990 then the manufacturer have wacked the price up before registration. Pwned.

Soldato
May I ask what would bring someone to 'hate' a panoramic roof? At the very worst you just close the cover, then it's just a roof..

A more expensive, heavier, worse looking roof which enables you to either be blinded by bright light, or enjoy the wondrous pitter patter of rain. Utterly pointless, give me a tin top with the correct colour for the car please. You did ask...
FWIW, I also noticed on my latest insurance documents that they would deduct NCB for a claim on a panoramic screen where any other glass claim would not.

Caporegime
The sunblind on my panoramic roof hasn't been closed in 4 years and the tint keeps of 99% of the suns glare whilst hardly looking any different from a non tinted sunroof from the inside, fail to see any real world negative.

Back
Top Bottom