Question about 3pin to molex adapters and power

Associate
I'm trying to power two h55 pumps (and a case fan) using a molex to 4x3 pin splitter.

Will each of the 3 pins be outputting the maximum power possible to the h55 pumps?

Or can anyone point me to some adapters that I can buy that will output the full voltage from molex to 3 pins?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Good question. I have two gpu's with h55's. The top one was always between 85-94 in Witcher 3/some other games, the bottom one at 60-75C. Today I swapped them around, the (new) top one was at 80C, the bottom one still went to 94 and started throttling.

So I'm not sure whether it's the pumps or what, because I reseated/reapplied thermal paste. And I'm not sure why the (now) bottom card is so much hotter than the top.

Soldato
Not all Molex to 3 pins are created equal. Some will have different wiring so that instead of 12v it'll only provide 7v or 5v. Others may have a resistor designed to drop voltage.

The one in the image for example outputs 12v on the yellow side and 5v on the red side, if that makes sense. If all 3 pins are coming from the same side of the connector then it's not the converter.

2dahlw5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom