• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD & NVIDIA to launch new GPUs for cryptocurrency mining market

Caporegime
It is great times, I've being sitting on nearly 700 litecoins, tempted to cash them in for a quick $20,000 USD and I know 8 Pack has around 15 bitcoins to cash in. :D

I keep toying with the idea of trying this out but the consensus seems to be that the boat has already sailed.

Did your electricity bill soar dramatically? Where's a good place to start for a newbie?

V F

V F

Soldato
I keep toying with the idea of trying this out but the consensus seems to be that the boat has already sailed.

Did your electricity bill soar dramatically? Where's a good place to start for a newbie?

How did this all start anyway as I never knew about it until a few years ago until it became a currency. Yet how did they manage to do it before it became popular and seeing the potential for the future... I'm also curious how they do it without their bills going up? Warehouses and generators?

Soldato

It's probably too late. The more people that mine, the higher the difficulty, the lower the return. Usually when it's this well known and hardware is being sold specifically for it, the ship has sailed or is just about to.

Soldato
It's probably too late. The more people that mine, the higher the difficulty, the lower the return. Usually when it's this well known and hardware is being sold specifically for it, the ship has sailed or is just about to.
That sucks. I was hoping to mine to pay off my my next GPU card, If I got an AMD card.

Soldato
That us partly true, but if the price keeps going up at the same or better comparable rate to the difficulty then the return is still good. At the moment that is the case. The shortage of new cards limits the hash rate increase.

In the case of ethereum the main alt the RX series and 1060's will be mining you can see the price and hash rate increase while not the same isn't that far off. (along with ethereum classic)
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/ Today alone the price jumped 15.52%
https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

The main worry for any potential new miner is the price crashing, no one knows if or when this will happen.

As for specific hardware for mining, that's not going to happen with most of the current alts as they tend to be made to be resistant to it. Not counting these 1060 mining GPUs as they are not improving performance over existing hardware, they are just a different version of current hardware.

Soldato

I suspect they did it years ago.

Example I mined 5 Bitcoins directly mid 2011 (in a pool) and got 5 of them on a single HD 5870 in one month, costing £15-20 in electric. If I had kept them all it would be worth £11k now.

Soldato
Example I mined 5 Bitcoins directly mid 2011 (in a pool) and got 5 of them on a single HD 5870 in one month, costing £15-20 in electric. If I had kept them all it would be worth £11k now.
I bought my 980ti from OCUK back when they first came out, for ~1 BTC, so just over £2200 today XD

Soldato
Depends how you look at it.

The 'bubble' this time around appears to be for a number of reasons as opposed to 'wow BTC' so it could hold it's value better. Japan now sees it as legal currency for example.

I'm just glad I kept most of my stuff from the 2013/2014 boom. I bought an ASrock H81 PRO BTC board back then for around £50 iirc. Sold it recently for £150!

Soldato
Depends how you look at it.

The 'bubble' this time around appears to be for a number of reasons as opposed to 'wow BTC' so it could hold it's value better. Japan now sees it as legal currency for example.

I'm just glad I kept most of my stuff from the 2013/2014 boom. I bought an ASrock H81 PRO BTC board back then for around £50 iirc. Sold it recently for £150!

Woah, I've got one sitting in my garage gathering dust!

Soldato
OP
NVIDIA's Crypto Mining Tuned Pascal GPUs Detailed - GTX 1060 "GP106-100" Starting at $200 US, GTX 1080 "GP104-100" Starting at $350 With up to 60MH/s

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-cryptocurrency-mining-price-specs-performance-detailed/

Mother of god this is getting really interesting, it seem upcoming Nvidia miner driver and VBIOS tweaking will see GTX 1080 mining performance boost up to 60MH/s compared to about 25MH/s on RX 480. Low cost GTX 1060 miner card would cost about £190 and GTX 1080 Miner card would cost about £329 after exchange rate and VAT.

Holy crap GTX 1080 Miner without display ports to sell for £329 is much cheaper than cheapest GTX 1070 Gaming card OCUK selling Palit GTX 1070 for £389. :eek:

Think GTX 1080 Miner cards will be selling like crazy hot cake and all miners could no doubt dump RX 470/480/570/580 cards for Nvidia GTX 1080 Miner cards.

OcUK Staff
NVIDIA's Crypto Mining Tuned Pascal GPUs Detailed - GTX 1060 "GP106-100" Starting at $200 US, GTX 1080 "GP104-100" Starting at $350 With up to 60MH/s

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-cryptocurrency-mining-price-specs-performance-detailed/

Mother of god this is getting really interesting, it seem upcoming Nvidia miner driver and VBIOS tweaking will see GTX 1080 mining performance boost up to 60MH/s compared to about 25MH/s on RX 480. Low cost GTX 1060 miner card would cost about £190 and GTX 1080 Miner card would cost about £329 after exchange rate and VAT.

Holy crap GTX 1080 Miner without display ports to sell for £329 is much cheaper than cheapest GTX 1070 Gaming card OCUK selling Palit GTX 1070 for £389. :eek:

Think GTX 1080 Miner cards will be selling like crazy hot cake and all miners could no doubt dump RX 470/480/570/580 cards for Nvidia GTX 1080 Miner cards.

Its awesome for our business!

Now Ryzen CPU is selling like crazy too due to Monero coin loving Ryzen's, totally insane times. June should be a crappy month for us, haha but not this year!

Soldato
Could these cheaper cards with no display facility be paired with regular cards for SLI?

I'd imagine the resale value is going to be horrendous if they can't be used for anything other than mining (not that @Gibbo will be giving a hoot about that :p)

OcUK Staff
Could these cheaper cards with no display facility be paired with regular cards for SLI?

I'd imagine the resale value is going to be horrendous if they can't be used for anything other than mining (not that @Gibbo will be giving a hoot about that :p)

Even if the case, we won't sell you one.

We have an MOQ of 100 units, they are strictly for mining/corporate customers only.

Back
Top Bottom